Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #141  
The storm water plan is required from the feds I believe. In my mind is ag use excluded. If the land isn’t visible would anyone enforce it? You never know who is watching.

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #142  
Dang, my notifications bell went crazy on this one. Got 45 likes and still climbing daily.

Meanwhile the OP never came back huh. Some pictures or further description would have really helped. Sheesh.
I wonder if that is a new TBN record.

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #143  
"If it was farmable land it would have already been cleared" has been said many time in this thread.

Around here almost everything was cleared and farmed a long time ago. When slavery ended lots of land went back to nature. So just because it's trees now doesn't mean it wasn't a field long ago.

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #144  
"If it was farmable land it would have already been cleared" has been said many time in this thread.

Around here almost everything was cleared and farmed a long time ago. When slavery ended lots of land went back to nature. So just because it's trees now doesn't mean it wasn't a field long ago.
Guys in FLa panhandle let a lot go to crap when feds launched a full scale attack on tobacco industry, same I'm sure in Tenn/Ncar, ect. Like several have said, you really need at the Very least, good pictures/aerials to make an informed suggestion, but really, there is no replacement for walking the property.

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #145  

Maybe the solution would be to deforest the 150 acres making it into pasture then let the 150 acre open pasture go back to nature?

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #146  
Maybe the solution would be to deforest the 150 acres making it into pasture then let the 150 acre open pasture go back to nature?
If that's what you want go for it.

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #148  
If this whole thread isn't a "troll" thing.... there's already soils maps of the whole country.
Get in touch with USDA/NRCS and ask for them for your land. I'd aim for the USDA office as NRCS seems to be a little anti agriculture.
It's foolish to jump in when this soil information is available, free.

/ Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #149  
   / Clearing 154 acres of woods in west Tennessee #150  
47 now. But I suspect somebody has gotten over 100 before, with a well placed wise crack. @Muhammad got any data on this?
We don't have quick access to that stat but I've never seen a post with 47 likes on here before. Since we only added the reactions about two years ago, users have been somewhat slow to adopt the feature (though number of likes per day has been gradually increasing).

I will look into adding a feature to track most-liked threads and posts. It could be a great way for us to find gems that might get overlooked.

This chart shows the number of "good post" reactions per day since we implemented it in March of 2021.

Screen Shot 2023-07-07 at 9.09.43 AM.png