Clear a logjam

/ Clear a logjam #21  
A picture of your log jam was be helpful.

/ Clear a logjam
Here’s a before and after. I was concerned about upcoming rain so I had my grandson operating the winch on the side by side and I used the winch and waded in and did hand work. I have log tongs and a hand pike coming from suggestions. Later I’m making the fork attachment shared. C7B313D5-F15B-4868-94A1-D84F8185BB0C.jpeg2712CBCF-99BD-498F-88DF-894F92C639AA.jpeg

/ Clear a logjam
The safest method is to connect a choker to the outside or upper log and pull it out by attaching to your drawbar. Repeat until the jam is gone.

I’ll get some chokers. I have several nylon slings and basket chokers but as you know when they chinch up they’re hard to release. I’ll follow your suggestion no need to try and reinvent the solution. Thanks.

/ Clear a logjam #25  
I’ll get some chokers. I have several nylon slings and basket chokers but as you know when they chinch up they’re hard to release. I’ll follow your suggestion no need to try and reinvent the solution. Thanks.
You’ll like cable chokers for skidding logs. Easy to hook up and release and skids over rough ground better than chain. After all, that’s what they are designed to do. Also they are reasonably priced.

/ Clear a logjam #27  
Here’s a before and after. I was concerned about upcoming rain so I had my grandson operating the winch on the side by side and I used the winch and waded in and did hand work. I have log tongs and a hand pike coming from suggestions. Later I’m making the fork attachment shared. View attachment 778696View attachment 778697
That's a nice bridge. I wouldnt worry about burning it lol.
How ever your log jam looks more like a bever dam than a actual log jam. You can typicaly clear them out with a hoe or rake by pin pointing the sticks and freeing up the smaller sticks and mud.