Cleaning lawn of branches

/ Cleaning lawn of branches
MS661 Magnum made by Stihl. It may take a few days but once it’s done, no more limbs.
I like having trees. Besides, my 064 AV is a better felling saw for our eastern hardwood, than the MS661 will ever be, based on weight and power/weight ratio alone. Newer isn't always better, when they're chasing emissions compliance over horsepower. :p

We manufacture and sell a large volume/light weight bucket that is perfect for moving all this debris. Check out our 3rd Gen Bottomless Bucket. This will make light work of your storm cleanups! We just announced a price drop of 31% for the Spring, but it's for a limited number of buckets that we have in stock.
Nice! I like that. Might put one on my Christmas list.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #132  
Not a #2 pencil, but: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/0315191630-jpg.694417/ 😇
(for reference the upper grapple tines are ~3/8 inch thick)

It's a bit bigger of a stick than I tend to just to mow over, but picked it up with the grapple tines for fun after doing some larger cleanup. However, a grapple does tend to be my tool of choice either to use like a bucket to toss limbs/branches in by hand or to directly rake and pickup larger branches & limbs. It may scrap up a bit of grass & dirt at times, but the grass recovers pretty quickly around here.

Of course, it's also pretty routine for the oaks in my yard to drop several limbs 2 to 5 inches in diameter (& few larger) every winter so using the tractor & grapple removes quite a bit of saw work every year.

I haven't been able to use my grapple without thinking about picking up a #2 pencil lately.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #133  
5 acres oak, hickory trees. Always limbs to pick up, especially after a storm. Forks on bucket to pick up large branches, smaller limbs by hand. I need the exercise.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #134  
I'm now convinced to get the pine need rake from Everything Attachment.
Is there any disadvantage with going to the 72" vs the 60"?
If you don't have tight spots bigger is better. (Lift it up for turns...)

I bought one thinking it would be useful for light stuff. Sticks, leaves, etc.
In my case I should have listened to the people that said it only works for pine needles. I am surprised at how little it is useful for me.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #135  
Boy, here's a problem that the solver would probably end up pretty wealthy from eh?
My twisted little evil brain immediately thinks of a vacuum hopper that would collapse for storage equipped with a "limb/twig sorter/arranger/stacker/8 funnel type contraption.

Oh! Don't look to me to r&d it!
I'm just the idea man sitting on the sofa eating bon-bons.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #136  
I'm no authority but am familiar with falling branches as is pretty much any property owner with trees. The main problem is not only the variety of thicknesses but also lengths and bulk due to several branches branching off the one fallen branch or lengths of 6 feet or more. Three things came to mind besides rakes - 1) Front rotating and tilting brush that could be lowered to just "lightly" sweep the grass that would act like a rake. Perhaps tines could be fitted to the frame instead of rotating brush(?) 2) A blower with swiveling air outlet (may only be partially effective.) 3) Beach sand cleaner (?) I'm not sure about the third suggestion. Unfortunately, all these are going to cost a pretty penny but the most effective, I imagine, would be a strong front mounted or PTO driven blower (or walk behind) which would work on leaves, acorns, branches and garbage.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #137  
If you don't have tight spots bigger is better. (Lift it up for turns...)

I bought one thinking it would be useful for light stuff. Sticks, leaves, etc.
In my case I should have listened to the people that said it only works for pine needles. I am surprised at how little it is useful for me.

Just put my order in for the 72" pine rake from Everything attachment.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #138  
I would use bucket only because land not level you may dig in,which means another thing added to your things to do list.

I've used the rake before and work ok,just go slow on uneven ground.
Yes, bucket would scalp the mounds but following year the area would be that much flatter (LOL)

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #140  
Now that you mention it, I too, used to use my little pea pickers (4) to pick the stix....when we lived in the city. But that was a long time ago. .... paid them really well too........0.01 cents per stix.:D

Cheers,
Mike
Hopefully they weren't breaking the bigger sticks into smaller pieces. You know how enterprising little minds can work sometimes, LOL