Cleaning gutters and roof valleys

/ Cleaning gutters and roof valleys #21  
I live in a two story house with a 12/12 pitch roof. I clean my valleys with the chimney brush and extensions on the same days I clean the chimney.

/ Cleaning gutters and roof valleys #22  
Elaborate what? The debris washes off the roof and valleys and over the gutter guards and out into the yard. Simple.
ho I see, I didn't know what you meant by gutter guard makes sense now...

1675784153790.png

/ Cleaning gutters and roof valleys #23  
Our eucalyptus and pepper trees drop very small berry and blooom debris so gutter guard is not an option.

/ Cleaning gutters and roof valleys #25  
All depends on the mesh size of the excluder screens.
You would have to see this Pepper tree stuff to believe it... it covers everything and mats down in the morning dew.

/ Cleaning gutters and roof valleys #26  
As a senior citizen it's very dangerous to climb ladders. This past summer I had all 300' of my old, damaged, defective house gutters removed and replaced by LeafGuard. LeafGuard Gutters | Seamless Rain Gutter Protection Despite numerous large Pine trees with millions of needles near the house the new gutters have not clogged up or failed to properly drain all water away from the house.
Correction ... LeafGuard was a mistake, meant to post LeafFilter. LeafFilter Home

/ Cleaning gutters and roof valleys #27  
Get a gutter cleaning "robot"

/ Cleaning gutters and roof valleys #28  
Tree work is needed. There is a massive oak 30 feet from the house causing the majority of the issue. We have been trying to get it removed for about 6 months but been too wet to get truck in.

We used to have issues with clogging gutters right where the downspouts are connected and about 20 years ago had Douglas Fir trees too close to the house removed, switched to metal roofing and had one size larger gutters & downspouts installed and the issue has gone away almost completely.

Previously the problem was mainly caused by combination of Douglas Fir needles and grit from an old asplalt roofing material creating dams and clogging.