CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #171  
Got ya, i dont know where your located but im in kentucky, and picked up my tym in TN. I had issues with mine right off the bat, nothing as extreme as yours. Bad display gauge leaking fuel tank, dealer had it fixed and delivered in a week. That being said, it truly is impossible to get ahold of tym, i finally made head way when one of the branch managers seen my post of all my issues on face book. Then all of a sudden they wanted to help. Alot of the issues i had, was with build quality and tolerance issues on there weldments. To which they said were within spec. As a welder my self i decided id just fix the issues my self to save the hassle , and avrivation of dealing with them. Plus my work would be 20x better than the new part they would send that are built the same way as the ones im having issues with. I guess thats part of the risk when paying almost 10g less than a comparable kubota or john deer. But im hopping that there is light at the end of the tunnel as Yanmar has pared with tym for tym to build there entry level machines. So if yanmar is willing to put there name with them ,to me it shows there not going any where and things should get better.. or it could turn into the ls/new holland partner ship where new holland scoops up all the parts that come in from korea leaving hardly nothing left for ls dealers to sell. Time will tell.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #172  
Also i work for a fork lift company ,who's hq is in korea. We run into parts avalibilty issues on a weekly bases. So if there are warranty claims and we dont have the parts in stock in the US, we will tear down what ever assembly it may be to get that part for the customer. I get it ,but at the same time its a shame as those assemblys get shoved to the back of the warehouse and after a few years they get tossed in a dumpster. Insted of getting repaired and put to use

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #173  
we will tear down what ever assembly it may be to get that part for the customer.
This! If the dealer cared he would have taken the needed parts off of the the other tractor on the lot. The thing about TYM telling them they can't sounds like BS from my experience.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #174  
This! If the dealer cared he would have taken the needed parts off of the the other tractor on the lot. The thing about TYM telling them they can't sounds like BS from my experience.
So we tear it down at our usa hq factory, then we send it to the dealer that has the warranty claim. Then we as the manufactor are left with the assembly that we had to tear down for parts as we are the ones that cant supply the part as its self. If tym its self wont do that then i can see the dealer not wanting to tear something down to get the part, the they will be stuck with a tractor sittinf out back for years waiting on parts

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #175  
The issue here is that the part is not for these tractors. It is an alternate part they are trying. Ergo, the OEM doesn't have some big inventory of the part.

TYM is building a new facility in Georgia that will resolve some parts availability issues. This one is a one-off caused by a bad dealer in Iowa and a workaround part.

The original dealer should have either swapped out the unit or let him swap for a 4820.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #176  
So we tear it down at our usa hq factory, then we send it to the dealer that has the warranty claim. Then we as the manufactor are left with the assembly that we had to tear down for parts as we are the ones that cant supply the part as its self. If tym its self wont do that then i can see the dealer not wanting to tear something down to get the part, the they will be stuck with a tractor sittinf out back for years waiting on parts
Sounds like they'll need it back there to steal other parts off of in the future. Lol.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #177  
I would lawyer up and suggest to TYM that they apparently need more parts tractors to steal parts from. Be willing to sell your (parts) tractor to them for what you paid for it, then run away and never go back.

Last edited:
   / CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #178  
The issue here is that the part is not for these tractors.
I'm pretty sure the op said dealer had another unit on the lot but "TYM won't let them cannibalize it" to paraphrase. The issue is two fold:
1) A good dealer would have pulled the needed part then fought with TYM to get made right, not make the customer to do the fighting.

2) A good OEM should have the parts. None of these parts are available according to TYM, so that's not "a one off caused by a bad dealer"

This is just my opinion from experiences in parts "problems" with other brands of construction equipment.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #179  
This type of support is factored into the price of the tractor. Just saying.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
So just a follow up question for all the newer TYM owners...next time you drive your tractor, put it in a full turn left or right and see if you hear/feel a slight knocking through the steering wheel as you are turning.

Just curious if this is "normal" as the first original dealer said all their tractors do it...its just the way TYMs are...

To be clear, the part in question is not after market, it is original..we need a new wheel final drive case as the original has a jagged hole in it after 20 hours of use. The repairing dealer says they are made "paper thin" along the lines of what Caleb90 is saying...and Caleb...thanks for your confirming that TYM is impossible to get a hold of.

Attachments

• hub.jpg
    hub.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
Last edited: