CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #111  
   / CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #113  
For our area the final assembly is done in Tyler and then delivered to the dealer. The dealer will put on some options like 3rd function and other accessories and prep it for the customer. This was the way it was happening with Branson before the merger. I have not been by that location in a while so not sure if they converted it to TYM or not.
Tyler, tx is still the assembly center for the legacy branson equipment, however the TYM (T) variant models are assembled in Caldwell, tx

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #114  
Is there a way for the other dealer to look to see if this unit had been sold and the warranty registered to a previous owner who returned it to your dealer due to this same issue that would account for the delay in delivery and the hours on the tractor when delivered to you?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #115  
I sent an email to our close dealer to see how much they are going to charge to fix it with good parts.
Wow, kinda unbelievable the dealer is acting like this. Did you find out what the “good” parts are? Maybe add to the post here for others to see?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #116  
Interesting that the Branson front is built differently, more robustly. I'm glad, though I do hope TYM takes the best engineering from both units and uses that as the standard moving forward.
Curious as to why all the units the dealer has, make the same noise 🥺

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #118  
What we have seen is one guy making outrageous claims on FB and other people believing him. You see, something this huge would be on at least local news, if not national.

Some people who experience a problem take it very personally and go completely scorched earth on whomever they perceive as the 'guilty' party. When people repeat the hearsay, it artificially multiplies the problem. Like the guy on FB saying he has seven+ 574s. While not impossible, I find it unlikely that someone has more than about 2 of any given model of tractor. There are also some unscrupulous dealers who would bad-mouth the opposition publicly, especially when they are losing sales to them. The internet makes this pretty easy.

Of course, a percentage of these problems are real, but another percentage are simply the result of poor maintenance or equipment abuse.

So far, I hear 1 real issue and it is from the OP of this thread and seems rooted in a bad dealer.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #119  
What we have seen is one guy making outrageous claims on FB and other people believing him. You see, something this huge would be on at least local news, if not national.

Some people who experience a problem take it very personally and go completely scorched earth on whomever they perceive as the 'guilty' party. When people repeat the hearsay, it artificially multiplies the problem. Like the guy on FB saying he has seven+ 574s. While not impossible, I find it unlikely that someone has more than about 2 of any given model of tractor. There are also some unscrupulous dealers who would bad-mouth the opposition publicly, especially when they are losing sales to them. The internet makes this pretty easy.

Of course, a percentage of these problems are real, but another percentage are simply the result of poor maintenance or equipment abuse.

So far, I hear 1 real issue and it is from the OP of this thread and seems rooted in a bad dealer.
And seems to be completely different from a retaining clip, so very likely not the same issue.

What I don’t understand is if the issue was demonstrated to the driver when the tractor was picked up how the dealer says it is normal and something with the hydraulics? Something got lost in translation on this deal.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
The selling dealer believes that because all the tractors on his lot have the same issue, it must be "normal". While somewhat plausible, it is also possible they have the same issue. I have driving a lot of vehicles in my lift, on road and off road...I have never experienced anything like this (noise and being able to feel the "hits" through the steering wheel)

I believe the lost front wheel is a different issue, though rooted in bad design and cheap supplier parts. I hope he is successful in the class action lawsuit they are filing in GA against TYM so they are forced to issue a recall and correct the issue before someone is killed.

As an example, Polaris has been down this road many times...unfortunately usually someone has to die to get them to do the right thing. It appears TYM is the same. FWIW, I have never been able to get any communication from TYM regardless of what medium I have tried or how many times I have tried.

I will be back home in a couple weeks and do the "spin the front tires" test again and the turning test again to see where things are at. Hopefully I have some feedback from the closer dealer by then.