CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #81  
They test drove 3 new tractors on the lot and they all make the same noise...and the tech admits you can feel every "clang" in the steering wheel...he even sent recordings of all (3) tractors...none are as loud as ours, but they all do it. I don't know what TYM is doing in the front end of these, but I have never heard nor experienced anything like it in any vehicle before.

They say all these noises are "just the way these tractors are now"

They dont sell branson at all...just TYM

I have reached out to corp multiple ways and never receive a response.

Thanks for the prayers and responses.
If they are a TYM dealer then they definitely can get you a 4820C as it is a TYM now.

If the sound is in every TYM on the lot then it must be something they are doing to them because every TYM that has been bought by members here doesn’t make that noise.

I believe I would drive there and show them in person that it is not the hydraulics! Then I would turn around and tell them now I have been screwed before but this is the first time I have been F*#*ed! I wound not leave till I had a resolution.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #82  
They saying it is the hydraulics that tells you the kind of mechanics that work there. With the tractor off and it makes the noise. Also how do they explain with the front up and tractor off you turn the wheels by hand and feel and hear the wheels binding up how is that the hydraulics.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #83  
No way do you let them ship that tractor back to you. Even for "free" shipping.

No way. Tell them *very* firmly that you don't want it back.

Only resolution is full cash refund, or as K5 suggests, tell them to upgrade you to the 4820 and pay whatever that difference is (if any).

Time to bring in some big dog help.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
Never had a single dealer issue with the 2007 Branson...in fact that dealer went out of business over a decade ago and still never worried about it.

It's different now...you have to buy the dealer and location as much as the product. Should have paid the $3,000 more to the guys an hour away.

I think my dad is at his limit. He said to offer them $1000 to get it back and he will drive it until it fails completely.

He just wants his tractor.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #85  
Never had a single dealer issue with the 2007 Branson...in fact that dealer went out of business over a decade ago and still never worried about it.

It's different now...you have to buy the dealer and location as much as the product. Should have paid the $3,000 more to the guys an hour away.

I think my dad is at his limit. He said to offer them $1000 to get it back and he will drive it until it fails completely.

He just wants his tractor.
I am sad for your dad. He has to be frustrated. But that thing will not last long at all with something broke in the front end. It very well could lock up within a week.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #86  
Several 494 and 574 with this same issue in FB group. Eventually the front wheel will fall off. I think it's defective batch of part in front axle. Main reason I got 4820 instead of the 494 I originally wanted ...

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #87  

It’s always been this way. My 07 John Deere had a few issues out the gate. Had it at the shop 4 times in 2 years. All fixed under warranty. Been fine ever since, except the starter went out about 6 months ago. All family members had issues on most machines regardless of brand. I don’t know of any dealer that pays for shipping the tractor back to their shop. I hauled my John Deere down each time to the shop on my dime. Glad the dealer was only half hour away.

You may have saved $3000 on the purchase, but is sure sounds like you didnt get a better overall deal. I probably could have saved money buying a distance away also on the initial purchase, but wanted somewhere close for service if I had any issues.

Glad you didn’t have any issues with your Branson, but that is not the norm. Any request for advise on buying tractors starts with finding a good dealer.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #88  
Several 494 and 574 with this same issue in FB group. Eventually the front wheel will fall off. I think it's defective batch of part in front axle. Main reason I got 4820 instead of the 494 I originally wanted ...

Holy crap

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
stoyan, I thought you were joking in your earlier post...thank you for the follow up. I sent the FB link to the dealer and told him this would explain why all the tractors on his lot do the same thing as ours, albeit ours is just a little worse (we have 13 hours and the others have 2-3 on them) It sounds like it is just on the tractors made earlier this year...probably a bad batch of parts like you say. I told them they need to get with TYM asap and get ahead of the issue or the lawsuits they are facing could put them out of business.

Unfortunately I just found your post this morning and they left to bring back the tractor very early this morning. We are going to have to drive it slowly and keep the bucket down as much as we can. It will eventually get worse to the point it can't be ignored and then hopefully our close dealer will be able to help us. They are a tractor repair shop that has been in business for over 10 years just fixing tractors. They picked up TYM a couple years ago. I have a lot more confidence in their mechanics than the ones we purchased from. I am going to call them Monday and explain the situation, send them the link and get their thoughts.

You just don't think of "what if the wheel falls off" type of scenarios when buying a new tractor or something equally as catastrophic. But you should...and yes, we should have paid the $ and bought it closer. We will have to build a relationship with this tractor repair shop because it appears that unlike the century/branson we had, clearly this one is going to be in the shop a lot.