CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #231  
It sounds like some serious front differential problems. Please let us know what the dealer says about it and what they propose to do about it.

Steve.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #232  
It sounds like some serious front differential problems. Please let us know what the dealer says about it and what they propose to do about it.

Steve.
You didn't read through the thread at all, did you?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #233  
Evidently, I didn't. I went back and read all the posts in the topic. I have learned I need to slow down and read more.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
Hello Everyone, and thank you for the continued support.

After months and months the parts finally showed up...for the bad wheel hub. My dad was finally able to use the tractor today to clear some brush. It is heartbreaking in one way, as his condition has declined to the point he can only drive it for about and hour before he has to quit. But for that hour, he has a constant smile so I am grateful that at least he has the chance to drive it.

I drove it back to the shed for him tonight and the clanging in the front end is louder than ever. Where originally you had to be moving and go into a turn it is now constant and loud as soon as you start moving forward or turn the front wheels (even when stopped). It is so strong you can feel it in the pedals and the steering wheel.

At least I don't have to fear the front wheels coming off on him. The dealer completely understood the c clip issue and made sure the hubs were properly assembled with the new "non dog ear" clips so they will not come off.

Did I mention the reason the repairing dealer understood the hub issues is because he used to be a maheria dealer? (no longer) He recently had one of those tractors he sold some time back with the same wheel design loose a front wheel. Very dangerous indeed.

I would like to hear from you that have the hydrostatic tranny regarding the "clanging" of the hydralic system on your tractors...take them for a drive and see if you notice any sound or vibration in the steering wheel or foot pedeals when you drive it (especially slow) only thing i can think of is the hydralic system is just cheap and when the pumps have to do something other than idle they start clanging.

Thanks everyone.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #235  

After months and months the parts finally showed up...for the bad wheel hub. My dad was finally able to use the tractor today to clear some brush. It is heartbreaking in one way, as his condition has declined to the point he can only drive it for about and hour before he has to quit. But for that hour, he has a constant smile so I am grateful that at least he has the chance to drive it.

I drove it back to the shed for him tonight and the clanging in the front end is louder than ever. Where originally you had to be moving and go into a turn it is now constant and loud as soon as you start moving forward or turn the front wheels (even when stopped). It is so strong you can feel it in the pedals and the steering wheel.

At least I don't have to fear the front wheels coming off on him. The dealer completely understood the c clip issue and made sure the hubs were properly assembled with the new "non dog ear" clips so they will not come off.

Did I mention the reason the repairing dealer understood the hub issues is because he used to be a maheria dealer? (no longer) He recently had one of those tractors he sold some time back with the same wheel design loose a front wheel. Very dangerous indeed.

I would like to hear from you that have the hydrostatic tranny regarding the "clanging" of the hydralic system on your tractors...take them for a drive and see if you notice any sound or vibration in the steering wheel or foot pedeals when you drive it (especially slow) only thing i can think of is the hydralic system is just cheap and when the pumps have to do something other than idle they start clanging.

Thanks everyone.
Just drove mine the other day. Silent and smooth.

Why is it making ANY noise after the fix?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #236  
Could you post a video with audio of the clanging? I don't know if you have to post on youtube and link to it here or if you can just post the video on this site.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #238  

Thanks everyone.
I am somewhat confused as to where the “clanging” is coming from. At the beginning of this post you indicated it is coming from the front end. In the last paragraph you think it is coming from the transmission or hydraulics. Could you clarify?

I listened to the recording and I think I hear what you are talking about but it is hard to hear over the normal HST whine.

Did the dealer that just finished working on it have a opinion on where the “clanging“ is coming from?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #239  
Made a drop box for a couple of the original (last year) recordings that started all this. On recording 3 it really gets going around :20 on recording 5 it starts at about :27.

It is much louder now...back then you could only feel it through the steering wheel, now you can feel it in the pedals as well.

I'd strongly suggest that you make another recording to document that it is worse after the repair. And make a video. To me, it sounds like something is binding internally. What does the dealer say about this?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
Oh, its still coming from the front end...but because it starts and stops with forward movement or turning the front wheels (even when stationary) i suspect it has something to do with the hydraulic system. However, it does NOT occur when stationary and you are just lifting or lowering the bucket.

clover, I assume from your response you don't hear anything like that with your machine?

calling the dealer tomorrow.