CK3510 SE Hydraulic Leak - O Ring / Paint -

/ CK3510 SE Hydraulic Leak - O Ring / Paint - #1  

BrkMstr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti / CK3510se HST
CCFCEA30-7A30-44C6-B9B2-2E9FD95F0E7A.jpeg11E4D297-8778-4A21-AFC8-693CC07EA1FE.jpeg

Had an interesting situation, set up my finish mower, raised an lowered a few times, prior to using noticed a drop or two of fluid on floor, thought maybe a few drops from when I changed fluid (50 Hr) a few weeks back, that using arm may moved some splash - took the mower out used it - while backing into garage the flood started :eek: Of course I had just sealed my driveway the day before :mad: Any way traced it back, removed seat etc. looked like it came out of the lift cylinder banjo bolt / line, it looked like the line entering the cylinder was not set tightly against it, but was covered with thick paint, taking it apart I found one split O ring on the leak side - I cleaned it up removed the excess paint - replaced all the O rings / little grease to hold them in place and re-attached. You can see the line, it connects from the rear of the speed control to the lift cylinder - anyway leaks gone no issues - just thought I'd pass it along seemed the factory put it together, did not get it tight and then painted it, the paint most likely sealed it for a while!! Unit has 65hrs on it......

/ CK3510 SE Hydraulic Leak - O Ring / Paint - #2  
@BrkMstr

This was the o-ring in red, correct?

561080-76c8b67afc64beaeeb6d179fd769f58a~2.jpg

At 239 hours, I was screening topsoil today (back and forth between 2 spots) and noticed some oil.

After some cleanup ended up with the seat off and my leak is a drop every 3 seconds from here, I believe this is the opposite end from what you fixed:

IMG_20230430_122516660.jpg

Last edited:
   / CK3510 SE Hydraulic Leak - O Ring / Paint -
Yes it was that line, by the looks the factory had tightened the ends and painted, never noticed or checked that one of the Banjo's was not set right, O ring must not have been set right, split when tightened / off center - I believe the paint held it for awhile until pressure finally blew it apart, it went from a drip to a flood. I cleaned up the threads, replaced all the O rings - no issues......

/ CK3510 SE Hydraulic Leak - O Ring / Paint - #4  
Yes it was that line, by the looks the factory had tightened the ends and painted, never noticed or checked that one of the Banjo's was not set right, O ring must not have been set right, split when tightened / off center - I believe the paint held it for awhile until pressure finally blew it apart, it went from a drip to a flood. I cleaned up the threads, replaced all the O rings - no issues......
Thanks.

I cracked mine loose to break the paint and then snugged it as right as I dare, no change.

Parked the tractor and ordered a pack of o-rings before the flood started. There's a few other threads about this, yours was just the first I found.

/ CK3510 SE Hydraulic Leak - O Ring / Paint - #5  
Well this:
IMG_20230502_181010304.jpg

Definitely leaks!

Polished the paint off and re-assembled with 4 new 116 size Buna-n 90A o-ring.