Ck30 Hydraulic filter assembly

/ Ck30 Hydraulic filter assembly #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
Well, not good. Managed to break the hydraulic filter assembly on my CK30. Anyone replace before?
T2195-38111 seems to be the part number.

Also any ideas on possible bypass in order to get tractor in a more workable place?

/ Ck30 Hydraulic filter assembly #2  
Are you talking about the filter mount for the HST filter? The one that has the filter hanging vertically on the right side or the tractor. If so, I remember a few members years ago advising that they either were in the woods and a branch caught it or had the bh frame pound it. It seemed like an easy replace. The hoses use banjo bolts with rubber o-rings and a couple bolts mount it to the tractor frame. I don't know of any way to connect the two hoses together to bypass the filter because they have those metal ring type ends.

/ Ck30 Hydraulic filter assembly #3  
"No" on the by-pass with the HST Tractor (flow is split in the housing)....but....your Filter Assembly is shipping today !!

Team MIE

/ Ck30 Hydraulic filter assembly
Yes, Victor, that’s the one. Sadly, I was aware, made mental note and worked about 2 hours before snagging it. Unfortunately not in a convenient place to work, slight slope, rough ground, tall grass. IMG_0198.JPG

"No" on the by-pass with the HST Tractor (flow is split in the housing)....but....your Filter Assembly is shipping today !!

Team MIE

Thanks so much for the prompt shipping.
Any hints on the replacement procedure?

/ Ck30 Hydraulic filter assembly #6  
I copied this over here to your CK30 post;

Put your range transmission in neutral and start towing or dragging it.
You can jack up any loader if needed to get it off the ground or run a chain under a bucket to lift it when towing.
You may have physically move your steering if the steering valve/motor is out of oil, disconnecting the hydraulic cylinder will help there at times.

Some times you can actually remove that broken off piece in the center,
it may well be a close threaded nipple, many are.

Good Luck

I copied this over here to your CK30 post;

Put your range transmission in neutral and start towing or dragging it.
You can jack up any loader if needed to get it off the ground or run a chain under a bucket to lift it when towing.
You may have physically move your steering if the steering valve/motor is out of oil, disconnecting the hydraulic cylinder will help there at times.

Some times you can actually remove that broken off piece in the center,
it may well be a close threaded nipple, many are.

Good Luck

Thanks Lou
Challenge may be lifting the bucket high enough to clear to get back to the gravel road, there is a small dip just before the rise.

Toying with thought that maybe there is way to seal off the housing to allow unfiltered flow for a short run. Hmmmm, maybe check the tupperware.

Broke off just above the threads.

/ Ck30 Hydraulic filter assembly #8  
Here are the pictures of the skid plate I made to protect mine. I just knew it was only a matter of time especially while working around stumps and in the woods.
20160327_194827.jpg20160327_194833.jpg20160327_194912.jpg20160327_194922.jpg20160414_183630.jpg
20160420_180220.jpg20160420_180123_HDR.jpg20160420_180105.jpg20160414_183639.jpg20160420_180237.jpg

/ Ck30 Hydraulic filter assembly #9  
Thanks Lou
Challenge may be lifting the bucket high enough to clear to get back to the gravel road, there is a small dip just before the rise.

Toying with thought that maybe there is way to seal off the housing to allow unfiltered flow for a short run. Hmmmm, maybe check the tupperware.

Broke off just above the threads.

If you can tow it forward, jack or lift the bucket upenough to get a chain under it and up to the tractor frame or grill guard, the other end up to the towing vehicle, the higher the better it will work your tow will help to lift the bucket.
The other way is to lift the loader with a jack or another bucket loader, then cut a couple of pieces of 2x4 or angle iron to lay on the boom lift cylinders and wedge against the cylinder laying on the piston rod and the frame of the loader.
At times when I'm working under a loader that does not have safety bars I lay angle iron pieces on the cylinder rods butted up against the cylinder and lower the boom down to them.

Very nice Jabelding.
Where you live in Maine? Born and raised. Most of my time south in Kittery, South Berwick, York Beach, but haven’t lived there since late 70’s.