CK2610 720hours *Updated***

/ CK2610 720hours *Updated*** #11  
So Bravo, give us some maintenance history on your tractor. How many hours on it, really only 720? Stored inside or outside? How many hours since an oil change? Are you using a “diesel” oil? White smoke is unburnt fuel, where do you buy your fuel? It’s hard to make suggestions when we’re not standing beside your tractor and talking with you. You said above that service is due, are you talking complete service, or did you just forget about the fuel filter? How many hours is 5 days when you say it vents a quart of oil in 5 days? Sounds serious to me…

Last edited:
   / CK2610 720hours *Updated***
For future consideration I’ve had my negative battery cable rot from inside out. Running rough is interesting. Does it change with outside temp?
Temps below 40 usually causes it to run rough once it starts. I even try to double glow plug it and that doesn't help.

/ CK2610 720hours *Updated*** #13  
Throw in some quality cetane boost. You’ll notice a difference especially the reduced rattle on cold start…. Can you answer post #11 for us?

Last edited:
   / CK2610 720hours *Updated*** #15  
Always find it amusing when someone whines about the cost of a shop manual but bought a many thousand dollar unit.

Isn't that referred to as 'economy of scale' or some such. Couple hundred bucks for a comprehensive shop manual is chump change in my view and I have shop manuals for every piece of equipment I own plus I keep detailed maintenance records with them.

/ CK2610 720hours *Updated*** #16  
Two things: has all of this been with the same fuel?

I'm thinking it may be time for the injectors to be cleaned.

So Bravo, give us some maintenance history on your tractor. How many hours on it, really only 720? Stored inside or outside? How many hours since an oil change? Are you using a “diesel” oil? White smoke is unburnt fuel, where do you buy your fuel? It’s hard to make suggestions when we’re not standing beside your tractor and talking with you. You said above that service is due, are you talking complete service, or did you just forget about the fuel filter? How many hours is 5 days when you say it vents a quart of oil in 5 days? Sounds serious to me…
cetane boost....I'll try it.
726 hours currently, stored outside unfortunately, 75% the time covered with a tarp. I'm due an oil change, filter change, hydro fluid is good till 1000 hours. I get fuel from Shell, I use tractor Rotella oil.
The "venting" comment was a jab at my crappy dealer.
Sorry I kept you waiting since Friday at 7:41am.......I was busy with a wife that threw her back out, hawks killing my chickens, dogs needing attention and 5 kids under my feet.....🤷‍♂️
Always find it amusing when someone whines about the cost of a shop manual but bought a many thousand dollar unit.

Isn't that referred to as 'economy of scale' or some such. Couple hundred bucks for a comprehensive shop manual is chump change in my view and I have shop manuals for every piece of equipment I own plus I keep detailed maintenance records with them.
Whines......Well aren't you just a peach.....:rolleyes:. Sorry some of us spent what we could on getting the darn tractor and scrape by on what we have.......(y)
I find judgemental people amusing.....especially when communicating through a screen.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:👍

Last edited:
Two things: has all of this been with the same fuel?

I'm thinking it may be time for the injectors to be cleaned.
Yes, I have a Shell Road Runner down the street and get my fuel from there.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

WOODEN FENCE POST BUNDLE (A32908)
WOODEN FENCE POST...
Fuel Trailer (A33041)
Fuel Trailer (A33041)
J STYLE CONCRETE FEED BUNK (A32908)
J STYLE CONCRETE...
Great Bend Front-end Loader (A33041)
Great Bend...
Wylie Sprayer (A33041)
Wylie Sprayer (A33041)
WOODEN FENCE POST BUNDLE (A32908)