CK2610 720hours *Updated***

/ CK2610 720hours *Updated*** #1  

12Bravo

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610 TLB, Gill 5' Scraper Blade (Tilt/Angle)
It appears I am having two issues I need guidance from the great minds on here with.

First, when it starts it has started to run ROUGH for about 30-45 seconds and blow a considerate amount of white smoke. Not sure where to start with this issue, glow plugs? Injectors?

Second, yesterday I shut it down with it throttled up while using the backhoe. I didn't even think about it, I just reached up and shut it down before dropping RPM's to idle. Now, it won't start, just clicks. Battery has clean terminals, 12.4 volts, and ground to frame looks solid and clean.

I don't have a repair manual, I looked for one but $250-400 is ridiculous for a shop manual. I've tried to find one online, no luck. So I don't have any references to work with. I'd love a shop manual for this tractor since it is out of warranty and my local dealer is pathetic and a rip off. I could rant about him, but it wouldn't do any good. Needless to say, I won't be taking my tractor back to them nor will I be ordering parts from them. I'll have to use Michigan Iron or a dealer in Knoxville, TN.

/ CK2610 720hours *Updated*** #2  
The part number for the repair manual you need is DR70-W04. It is available from any dealer and should cost somewhere around $165

/ CK2610 720hours *Updated*** #3  
How old is the Battery ? Just because you have 12.4 v. doesn't mean it's good ! Try jumping it .

/ CK2610 720hours *Updated***
The part number for the repair manual you need is DR70-W04. It is available from any dealer and should cost somewhere around $165
Thank you, I'll call around and see. Local dealer, I ain't going too, I'll sell the tractor before I use them again.
How old is the Battery ? Just because you have 12.4 v. doesn't mean it's good ! Try jumping it .
True, I'll have to find away to get a vehicle where it is sitting. Jumping might be a bit of an issue. Fingers crossed.

/ CK2610 720hours *Updated*** #5  
Thank you, I'll call around and see. Local dealer, I ain't going too, I'll sell the tractor before I use them again.

True, I'll have to find away to get a vehicle where it is sitting. Jumping might be a bit of an issue. Fingers crossed.

If you don't have a battery jump box, maybe just temporarily pull a battery out of a vehicle and hook it up directly to the tractor (vs jumping).

Update.....
I was able to squueeze my truck back in the woods to it....Literally, 3" on each side squeeze....LOL

It will start, will not stay running more than 30-45 seconds then dies.

Alternator? I think I had a car do this and was the alternator. Or could it be the battery also just not holding or accepting a charge from alternator?

/ CK2610 720hours *Updated*** #7  
No, even if the alternator is bad, it should be able to keep running as long as the battery has some juice.

Seems odd that a shut off at high rpm would have anything to do with a no-start issue. And now it does start but only runs 30s..... that sounds more like a fueling issue. When's the last time you changed your fuel filter?

No, even if the alternator is bad, it should be able to keep running as long as the battery has some juice.

Seems odd that a shut off at high rpm would have anything to do with a no-start issue. And now it does start but only runs 30s..... that sounds more like a fueling issue. When's the last time you changed your fuel filter?
It is due a service, I'll change the fuel filter.

I'll run and get a new battery for it and see what happens.

$140 battery later and it's running. Rough to start at first, but runs good now.

Now on to the oil leak my dealer said was a "Vent" and not to worry about it....cough cough....bull****.....It vents about a quart of oil every four to five days....LMAO

/ CK2610 720hours *Updated*** #10  
For future consideration I’ve had my negative battery cable rot from inside out. Running rough is interesting. Does it change with outside temp?

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

7' Sickle Bar Mower (A33544)
7' Sickle Bar...
2015 Hino 268 (A32932)
2015 Hino 268 (A32932)
PULL TYPE LANDSCAPE RAKE (A32908)
PULL TYPE...
Bedrail mount tool box (A33544)
Bedrail mount tool...
8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
Kobelco SK210 LC Excavator (A33548)
Kobelco SK210 LC...