Price Check CK20 Price Check

/ CK20 Price Check #51  
Don,

I completely agree with you. But did someone else have those websites first and did they let a dealer use the website for years and then basically steal it from them? If they did I'd say the same thing about them, even Deere. But it's just my opinion on it. I just think it's wrong what they did and how they did it. That's all I have so say on it which doesn't mean alot. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ CK20 Price Check #52  
I'm no corporate lawyer, but I believe the domain issue has to do with the use of a registered trademark not necessarily the company name. The rights (if any) of a dealer to use a specific trademark are granted in the dealership contract, which has a term. It also appears the dealer in question still owns the domain so he was not forced to sell. (It also seems he may still be in violation of the trademark because rather than going to a dead end, it contains a link to a commercial site, lists a dealer name and phone number.)
Unfortunately, little regard is made for the surfer who is trying to find a specific site, no attempt to redirect to the correct site is made.
I know I've stuck my neck out here, its not really my fight, I have only casual interest as a new Kioti dealer. I don't know if the dealer quit or if Kioti terminated them or they just agreed to disagree, but to paint Daedong/Kioti as the villan in all this, to imply they are not commited to their customers in a certain market, or that they are some kind of communist evil empire...well I just can't see what that has to do with CK-20 pricing!

/ CK20 Price Check #53  
I wonder how you would feel if you were the established dealer that just got the source of 200 tractor sales a year ripped out from underneath you instead of a new dealer trying to get a piece of the pie. I'm sure you are all for putting this guys website out of business. I also wonder how this would be viewed if it was New Holland, John Deere, Massey, etc. doing this to dealers.

/ CK20 Price Check #54  
My comment on this domain issue.

Marketing strategists in big companies can be different than you think. It's my observation that lately big companies aren't trying to own a domain name already owned by another person anymore. Internet strategies have changed, I think. As long as the person who owns a domain name doesn't publish somethings irrelevant/nasty things on the web pages, the big company will not mind who owns their domain name. Them big companies are considering this as a free promotion. See many many domain names with keyword "Kioti". Where can you find such a free promotion? Who cares about who owns the domain names. Market strategists in big companies are one step ahead of many people like you who think kioti.com should be owned by kioti co.

/ CK20 Price Check #55  
<font color="blue"> I wonder how you would feel if you were the established dealer that just got the source of 200 tractor sales a year ripped out from underneath you </font>

No doubt. But that's a risk this dealer was apparently ready to accept by using "Kioti", the registered trademark of the Daedong Corporation (correction taken) as his website. Losing 200 tractor sales a year is an unknown at this point. This dealer is a well established dealer and should have been able to do well from the referrals of these sold tractors. His name also gained alot of exposure over the past years, so the impact might not have been that dramatic. It is unfortunate this website issue went on as long as it did. Kiotitractor.com, the official website of Daedong/Kioti USA, had many of the dealers websites listed with links to the dealers websites. The information on some of the dealers websites was often outdated. There were discrepencies conflicting with the Official Koiti website. It wasn't long and the dealer links were removed from the official Kioti website. (Now there is a dealer locator by zip code.) Maintaining websites with current information is an ongoing vigilance. IMO, it was only a matter of time until "Kioti" started pulling back the reins to centralize the information source. Kudo's to the dealers who keep their websites updated with current and accurate information. I hope the parties involved work out an equitible solution beneficial to both.

Don

/ CK20 Price Check #56  
He wouldn't have gotten 200 sales a year ripped out from under him if he would have complied. He singed the dealer agreement therefore you must comply. As bulechip stated this is more of a “trademark issue” Kioti is a trademark and they can regulate how dealers use it. Its not a big or costly deal to change a website, anyone who has done this knows. I guess maybe I just view this issue in a different way, but I can see that many ppl view it the same way that I do. Maybe its just cus I am a dealer and I know all the facts and have read the dealer contract. But I know Kioti is a great company to deal with and has great dealer support, they have went out of there way many times to help me out, they have always provide great support to me and all the Kioti customers. Kioti’s support and service is first rate in the business if you ask me and I believe that many others will agree.

I Hope that everyone had a safe and happy New Year and the best to all of you and your families!! Have a great year in 2004!!

/ CK20 Price Check #57  
If any of you ever looked at the forddiesel site you will see where Kioti is coming from Ford shut that site down just because they used Ford in there name and Ford was a register trademark. I don't see why you guys have such a problem with this. You have to have permission to use a registered trademark they even say that on baseball and football games. Did you ever think maybe the other site asked to use the name and was approved according to the dealer contract. Apperently O'Breins wasn't worried about selling Kioti tractors or they would have just changed their web name, he doesn't have branson.com so is he going to quit selling them. Far as I am concerned it is no big loss you either play by the rules or you don't play there for you LOSE

/ CK20 Price Check #58  
I finalize my deal tomorrow, so not sure for everything. CK20H with R4 indust. tires, FEL 48", Kioti Backhoe, box blade and 4' brush mower $400 Howse. I believe the tractor bare was just under 10K, FEL $2200, Backhoe $3500, and don't rem. the price for the box blade. I get all the totals tomorrow and try to get it a little lower before signing. Oh yes, 0% financing for 36 months included. 1/21/04 Thanks to Don for catching my misspelling of Kioti in my signature. Too excited about the tractor to proof read I guess! John

/ CK20 Price Check #59  
Is this too high
Kioti CK20 Hydro / R-4 Industrial Tires
Kioti KL120 Front End Loader w/ 48" Bucket
Kioti KB2365 Backhoe w/ 12 Inch Heavy Duty Bucket
Kioti 60" Mid-Mount Mower

Package Pricing: $20,453.84

/ CK20 Price Check #60  
<font color="blue"> Is this too high
Kioti CK20 Hydro / R-4 Industrial Tires
Kioti KL120 Front End Loader w/ 48" Bucket
Kioti KB2365 Backhoe w/ 12 Inch Heavy Duty Bucket
Kioti 60" Mid-Mount Mower

Package Pricing: $20,453.84 </font>

Yes /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I just purchased a CK20 HST with FEL/54 inch bucket and backhoe/12 inch bucket for 16,020