CK20 gear wireing harness

/ CK20 gear wireing harness #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
Had this issue a while back, after starting the tractor noticed a smell of burnt wires, well in little time it started smoking and shut down, it turned out the wireing harness from the battery ground heated up and melted back to the alternator.

I was told a bad ground caused this and check after replacing the harness, this i did each month and all seemed well until last week, did the same thing and now finally figured it out, for whatever reason I had the 3pt down and the lever calling for up, when cranking the motor it is also trying to lift the attachment, I assume the same would be if the valve was shut off, anyway it draws a lot more current and the wires obviously can not handle this condition.

its hard to believe no one else has had this happen, it has both times when rototilling and stalls out, trying to lift the attachment while the motor is just about dead and the rest is history.

The wireing harness was less than 50 dollars and to date put 2 in, about a hour labour, word is if the motor seems hard starting check the status of any hydraulic levers, and not crank excessively