CK20 gear mowing speed

/ CK20 gear mowing speed #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
Curious, I have a CK20 gear and using a 6 foot rough cut mower have the motor maximum and 2nd gear high range, the grass is about 8 to 12 inches tall but not thick, I would say 70% vegitation, anyway is this OK, too fast or motor running too fast, the RPM shows a little over the PTO rpm

Laurence

/ CK20 gear mowing speed #3  
If it's working for you then it must be OK. Just keep an eye on your temperature and keep the screens clean. But that sure is a big mower for a CK20. How does your 60" snowblower work on the CK20?

/ CK20 gear mowing speed #4  
I have a DK45SC and usually mow very rough, hilly fields. Most of the time I'm in high range 2nd gear and shift down to first on up-hills. I mowed a horse cross-country course a week ago and managed to get into 3rd gear, but it was a wild ride!!
I'd say judge your mowing speed by the quality of the cut. I usually mow just a bit below the rated PTO rpm, but your engine won't be overrevving at a couple hundred over the "rated" PTO rpm, and isn't likely to harm the mower, either. If your ground is smooth enough to go fast, and you're satisfied with the cut, go for it! This is great for grass/weeds, but, if you get into saplings and shrubberies, you'll need to slow down a lot!
BOB

/ CK20 gear mowing speed
the CK20 handles the snowblower prety good, keep in mind here snow is th dry not wet slushy snow, I can clear 18 inch drifts easily, would like a cab

/ CK20 gear mowing speed #6  
I have a ck30 gear,use a 5ft cutter and low range 2nd and 3rd,so I must be underusing the tractor? edit here,believe its third and fourth in low range? how many gears does it have? any ways the highest gear and the next highest gear,low range,ck30,5ft hog,grass anywheres from 1 foot to 3 ft tall and thick. I would like to see that ck 20 with a 6 ft hog cut thick 3-4 foot tall grass in spring.

Last edited:
   / CK20 gear mowing speed #7  
Me too, don't think it could handle it. It would overheat or blow if cutting to about 6".

Eddie