Choice: food or solar fields

/ Choice: food or solar fields #261  
Nice try at a spin, but my post was in regards to is solar or farming more detrimental to the environment. Nothing to do with food production, just pollution.
How much pollution and oil does it take to manufacture solar panels?

How much diesel fuel is consumed and air pollution do huge ocean-going freighters make shipping them 5,000 miles across the ocean from China to the US?

If you think solar panels are some kind of free lunch or panacea, you have your head DEEP in the sand. It takes billions of gallons of OIL to make the plastics and billions more gallons of OIL to ship them here.

So would you rather use billions of gallons of oil to import chinese solar panels? Or extract trapped gas from our own country, using FAR less oil and burn it cleantly as possible HERE in the US?

Last edited:
   / Choice: food or solar fields #262  
Flunked economics? Supply and demand matter.
I think you flunked common sense. There’s NO shortage of oil.
There was no oil shortage in the late 70’s oil “shortage”, either.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #263  
I think you flunked common sense. There’s NO shortage of oil.
There was no oil shortage in the late 70’s oil “shortage”, either.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #264  
   / Choice: food or solar fields #265  
Theres a temporary shortage above ground, mostly because of government restrictions and anti-fossil fuel policies & rhetoric.
There’s abundant supplies of fossil fuels in the ground. Getting them out of the ground and refined takes a cooperative regulatory body. We do not have that in the current administration.
What we DO have is unfriendly policies towards extracting, pipelining, refining & storing of fossil fuels.

Last edited:
   / Choice: food or solar fields #266  
Theres a temporary shortage above ground, mostly because of government restrictions and anti-fossil fuel policies & rhetoric.
There’s abundant supplies of fossil fuels in the ground. Getting them out of the ground and refined takes a cooperative regulatory body. We do not have that in the current administration.
You can spin politics all you want, but 2022 will tie the 2019 record for barrels per day removed from the ground, and 2023 will exceed that amount, based on what producers are reporting. Facts are facts.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #267  
IMHO you have to look at the big picture. The way I see it things tie together. It's not as simple as big companies raise prices because they can.
Ask the average person on the street "are you better off today than you were, say, 3 years ago". Of course they would say no.
Now I'm a conservative republican. Having said that I vote for the person, not the party.
***** wasn't perfect. I have friends on the left who say he was mean, a racist (not), a braggart (yes), egotistical (yes), etc., but look at things now: printing money like crazy, inflation out of control, open borders (that's insane!), a weak incompetent president, supply issues, homeless, the list goes on.
The Green New Deal, we were in the process of lowering emissions, but you can't flip a switch fixing a problem. We're on one planet so everyone, all countries have to be on board.
Electric vehicles are fantastic! Yes, for certain applications they're great...but choices, give all people choices what suits them the best. We have our own oil reserves and should continue the pipeline project.
Baby steps. Everything takes planning, thought, and prioritization. Who cares about a more energy efficient clothes washer when your roofs leaking?
I want a strong president whether red or blue who has citizens best interest at heart. We're heading towards a recession or depression otherwise. I hope it's not too late.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #268  
You can spin politics all you want, but 2022 will tie the 2019 record for barrels per day removed from the ground, and 2023 will exceed that amount, based on what producers are reporting. Facts are facts.

so now you’re talking out of both sides of your head again. You say there’s a shortage, then you say we’re producing more now than ever?
Whew!
I know the real answer, you’re just spewing conflicting information. Theres no “political spin”. Theres a war on fossil fuels.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #269  
IMHO you have to look at the big picture. The way I see it things tie together. It's not as simple as big companies raise prices because they can.
Ask the average person on the street "are you better off today than you were, say, 3 years ago". Of course they would say no.
Now I'm a conservative republican. Having said that I vote for the person, not the party.
***** wasn't perfect. I have friends on the left who say he was mean, a racist (not), a braggart (yes), egotistical (yes), etc., but look at things now: printing money like crazy, inflation out of control, open borders (that's insane!), a weak incompetent president, supply issues, homeless, the list goes on.
The Green New Deal, we were in the process of lowering emissions, but you can't flip a switch fixing a problem. We're on one planet so everyone, all countries have to be on board.
Electric vehicles are fantastic! Yes, for certain applications they're great...but choices, give all people choices what suits them the best. We have our own oil reserves and should continue the pipeline project.
Baby steps. Everything takes planning, thought, and prioritization. Who cares about a more energy efficient clothes washer when your roofs leaking?
I want a strong president whether red or blue who has citizens best interest at heart. We're heading towards a recession or depression otherwise. I hope it's not too late.
Best to ignore the person and vote for the person with the best policies

/ Choice: food or solar fields #270  
so now you’re talking out of both sides of your head again. You say there’s a shortage, then you say we’re producing more now than ever?
Whew!
I know the real answer, you’re just spewing conflicting information. Theres no “political spin”. Theres a war on fossil fuels.
^^^yes^^^Theres a war on fossil fuels.