Chinese knockoff saws?

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #31  
I bought an assembled Farmertec 440 clone a couple years ago. It leaked both oil and fuel from assembly errors. Not too hard to fix but frustrating. It runs ok but it's not as nice to run as my Stihl 362 or even my MS460. The 362 has better spring based anti vibe. The 460 is rubber the same as the 440 but the 440 vibrates more. The Chinese make their pistons thicker walled. The heavy piston changes the balance factor which makes the vibration more noticeable. The controls aren't as smooth as the 460s.

The clone saws don't come with spark arrestor screens so if they're required or a good idea you'll need an alternate muffler outer half with a screen.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #32  
Last time I checked, ALL my saws peed some bar oil when sitting. Why I store them on a shop towel.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #34  
My oem 066 was my worst bar oil leaker I ever owned. But then 4-5 other 066-660 didnt leak. So luck of draw to figure out why some leak. Usually just a connection somewhere or normal on some.

Clone copy G660 didnt, G395 didnt. Rest didnt expect for for G288xp, G111T, that I can think of.

I get oem saws in all the time for leaking oil. Some just connections at oil pump some just normal.

My G440 ran and cut just like MS440 here. My G660 just like the MS660 here. The G395xp just like a oem 395.
The pro 372 was close but hair behind the oem OE 372 with both only on 2nd tanks. The G466 stock porting was lacking IMO. But if didnt didnt have others to compare you would never know. I also thought the last run of the MS460 was a turd too and that was the cylinders they copied.
G888 was out cutting 088. G888 is the 2nd gen of the last MS880 that was offered.

But think it is more for $ with the bigger saws and guys wanting more cc for their $. They are getting 90cc plus saws for 200-300 bucks and milling etc. Other wise cost them 1200-1500 for a oem to do same with. Can buy 4 of these things for same cost.

G888 122cc saw 500-600 instead of spending 1800-2100 for new one.

Thats is why they sale so many of these darn things. You folks wouldnt believe the amount of them that are being sold in US and rest of the world.

g466g444.jpg

Last edited:
   / Chinese knockoff saws? #35  
Here is a dealers list I try to keep track of. Like any dealer some are way better then others.
For US I always try to use Jes in MT first.

ftaug2223.jpg

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #36  
Last time I checked, ALL my saws peed some bar oil when sitting. Why I store them on a shop towel.
I go one step further and store a shop towel down in an extra-long commercial baking tray (similar but longer than this):
baking tray.jpg

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #38  
Never tried Noetoc but looks like they are in Holtzforma neighborhood. 25% of price with 80% of performance is not too bad.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #39  
Here is a dealers list I try to keep track of. Like any dealer some are way better then others.
For US I always try to use Jes in MT first.

View attachment 824360
I'd never heard of Paul Wisconsin and googled it and it does not exist. You show it as a dealer :unsure: Or is it the names of people?

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #40  
I'd never heard of Paul Wisconsin and googled it and it does not exist. You show it as a dealer :unsure: Or is it the names of people?
C. Paul IN Wisconsin..... I believe this is list of people selling Holtzforma saws and parts.