Check out this truck

/ Check out this truck #101  
My experience with Cat is limited. But I can say I was less than impressed with what I've seen. The 3126 engines put in F-series trucks and school buses just don't have the grunt of the B Cummins. They operate pretty similar to the 7.3 and 6.0 in that respect. I can also recall that they seemed to have an alarming amount of blow by before 100k miles.

/ Check out this truck
RobertN said:
Where are they now though?

All the Engines and Water Tenders in my Fire Districts are inline 8.9l and 10l Cummins for the last 10 years. Some older apparatus have Cat-3208T(Ford 7/8 series chassis), and a couple have Detroit's in them.

I would take the big in-lines any day.

The V8's in pickups are ok. they are a lot like big block gas engines, which is nice for folks that are used to that. I like the overall "feel" of the Cummin's in-line 6. I would probably prefer that in-line 6 if Cat ever got engines in 2500 pickups too.

I always thougt it would be cool if Cat would have made a engine for a lightduty truck. I doubt we will every see it happen. They got out of the over the road truck bussiness because of emission regulations.

/ Check out this truck #103  
I always thougt it would be cool if Cat would have made a engine for a lightduty truck. I doubt we will every see it happen. They got out of the over the road truck bussiness because of emission regulations.
That could change though...I bet the engineers at Cat are slamming their heads against the wall knowing a Cummins SCR system will be fitted on the Maxxforce 15, Cat block, head, and crank.

Cummins has lost a major customer in the AG word, AGCO. Simple reason is that SISU makes a superior engine. They have been using them long before they bought them out , and they were running Cummins at that time too.

Last edited:
   / Check out this truck
WilliamBos said:
That coild change though...I bet the engineers at Cat are slamming their heads against the wall knowing a Cummins SCR system will be fitted on the Maxxforce 15, Cat block, head, and crank.

Cummins has lost a major customer in the AG word, AGCO. Simple reason is that SISU makes a superior engine. They have been using them long before they bought them out , and they were running Cummins at that time too.

Cat should be able to come up with something because they do on their heavy equipment.

/ Check out this truck #105  
I dont know if Sisu is actually better than Cummins, but Sisu has come a long way in the past 15 years. Sisu used to be very thirsty and smoky, with just average torque, despite that Sisu means "guts" or "strength" in Finnish. Though the quality and durability has allways been good, the past few years they are overtaking Cummins and Deutz in terms of fuel efficiency.

/ Check out this truck #106  
Renze said:
I dont know if Sisu is actually better than Cummins, but Sisu has come a long way in the past 15 years. Sisu used to be very thirsty and smoky, with just average torque, despite that Sisu means "guts" or "strength" in Finnish. Though the quality and durability has allways been good, the past few years they are overtaking Cummins and Deutz in terms of fuel efficiency.

Sisu has a better parts support system than Cummins!! A blown turbo on a new Versatile left the tractor down for over a month because cummins did not have one anywhere than North America. Cummins is producing dollar store diesels with lousy parts support. That post can be found on newagtalk.

/ Check out this truck #107  
I find the brand bashing to be a little funny. As if nobody recognizes that their favorite brand makes a mistake or builds a turd.

/ Check out this truck #108  
i want a burgandy and gold king ranch of that one

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2003 John Deere HX 20 Rotary Cutter (A33041)
2003 John Deere HX...
(12) Spools of Hobart Excel - Arc 71 .045" Flux Core, 33# Ea., (7) Spools o (A33349)
(12) Spools of...
Ford 7740 Salvage Tractor (A33041)
Ford 7740 Salvage...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
Sany 24 inch Excavator Bucket (A33113)
Sany 24 inch...
1999 John Deere 6210 Tractor (A33041)
1999 John Deere...