Charge Light Staying on YM2000...??????

/ Charge Light Staying on YM2000...?????? #1  

treedawg

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Yanmar YM2000
Just finished replacing dummy lights, old style fuse block, ignition switch and some jacked up wiring on my YM2000. Had the alternator tested several months ago and it was OK but that doesn't mean something hasn't changed since then??

Everything seems to be working surprisingly well but the "CHG" dummy light is staying on.

What do I need to check to correct this issue?

I've been working on this tractor off and on for several weeks. Among other things I also replaced the clutch and countless old leaking gaskets so I'm running out of money and energy on this project:)

td

Last edited:
   / Charge Light Staying on YM2000...?????? #2  
Check with multimeter to assure you are charging, then go from there.

/ Charge Light Staying on YM2000...?????? #3  
If all your wiring looks good (nothing broken or grounded) & the grounds were making good contact it almost has to be the alternator. Did you run all new wires when you did the fuse block?

/ Charge Light Staying on YM2000...??????
If all your wiring looks good (nothing broken or grounded) & the grounds were making good contact it almost has to be the alternator. Did you run all new wires when you did the fuse block?

I did not run all new wire when I replaced the fuse block. I reused existing wiring where feasible and replaced damaged wiring I ran across.

td

/ Charge Light Staying on YM2000...?????? #5  
I did not run all new wire when I replaced the fuse block. I reused existing wiring where feasible and replaced damaged wiring I ran across.

td

Here's an old post with the same issue you might check out. To me in this guys example I would be looking for a ground/short as it only happened after he washed his tractor. Might check and see if any other wires have rubbed bare & are grounding IF your voltage checks out.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanmar/89129-charge-light-staying.html

Last edited:
   / Charge Light Staying on YM2000...?????? #6  
Had a problem with my 2000 of my Charge light coming on. Finally found it which it took a volt-meter. The previous owner even replaced the Reg. So I have both old and new SS. My wiring is still all Org.. It took some testing but I finally found it. Bad connection to the Fuse Panel. Took care of that and even checked to see if the old style Reg. still worked and sure enough no problems there.....

/ Charge Light Staying on YM2000...?????? #7  
Check and clean all conections. But run the idle up fast to say 1500rpm or just go ahead and put it at 2000 and check the voltage on your battery. See if your charging and the battery is at 13.5v or higher. If it's charging like said it's upstream from there. Could be the alternator but mostlikely the voltage regulator. But you can also check the pins at the back of the alternator for voltage , it will be higher than the charge voltage my guess is somewhere 15 or 16v?