Changing type of deck

/ Changing type of deck
Yes, the pulley came loose from the spindle and the hole ovaled out. I'm not very computer savy about uploading pictures and I did not learn a lot from my late father, who was a mechanic and jack-of-all trades. Got confirmation from Green Parts store for shipment. They should be here soon. Still no response from local JD dealer who was to call me when I questioned about when I should receive their order. Roustabout's solution sounds okay as a last ditch effort if I cannot get new pulleys. They seem hard to find for my type of deck that has non rotating anti-scalping wheels.

/ Changing type of deck #12  
Be sure to find out the torque values for the nuts that hold those pulleys in place. Sounds like a step that was missed. Good luck.

And your local JD dealer should have good parts availability and weekly delivery. Hope he is not pulling your leg.

/ Changing type of deck
Local JD dealer is part of a large group. Never had this sort of problem before. Kept telling me order did not come in and would reorder. Then nothing happens. Said would call me later in day with update but several days have past and no response. Am totally disgusted with them and will deal with another dealership not in their group.

/ Changing type of deck
Replaced left and center pulleys. There was some tooth damage on the spindle gear from when the pulley sheared off and we replaced the shaft from one of the old spindles that we had previously replaced. The center pulley looked okay but we changed it as well. Our conclusion is that the pulley was damaged from mowing over some above ground tree roots. Our thinking is that they are the weakest part of the mower. Will avoid them in the future...