Oil & Fuel changed out the fuel filter on a TC40 now it won't start

/ changed out the fuel filter on a TC40 now it won't start #11  
The spring keeps the filter on the stem so it wont fall down... you get it running yet ?

/ changed out the fuel filter on a TC40 now it won't start
Did you crack one of the injector lines open and crank it over......

Does it matter where I crack the line, at the fuel pump or at the injector? I have four of each, any one in line better than the other? The ejector pump would be easier to crack, see my previous posted photo. The fuel bowl spring will be here in two days, hard to believe that it ran at all without it The hex head bleed screw takes a 10mm socket but a socket and handle together won't work (too tight of a fit against the engine block) so I'm searching the stores for a flexible open/closed ratchet wrench. Is there a better tool setup to open that bleed screw?

/ changed out the fuel filter on a TC40 now it won't start #13  
Any line at the injector...

Yesterday I picked up my missing fuel bowel spring and a set of metric open end wrenches and went about the air bleeding process. Didn't take too long, the TC-40 is back to running smooth as always.
Thanks all.

/ changed out the fuel filter on a TC40 now it won't start #15  
Yesterday I picked up my missing fuel bowel spring and a set of metric open end wrenches and went about the air bleeding process. Didn't take too long, the TC-40 is back to running smooth as always.
Thanks all.

GOOD..........:thumbsup:

Thanks Peter...

Hi there - did you solve it?
On mine there's a bleeder screw to the right and down from the air filter and slightly above and to the right of the fuel filter. Here's what the TC25's looks like. My TC45 looks similar.

View attachment 653023

I just changed my fuel filter and bled mine there - it was (IIRC) an 11mm that fit it. Could be different on yours. I opened that and it bubbled a bit and then flowed without bubbles. I did that again after starting it for a minute or so. Shut it off and bled it again and a few more bubbles. I suspect someone with a lot more experience than I have will know more on this but it worked for me.

Hope that is helpful,
Matt

There's an interesting feature on that bleed screw. I ordered a spare because it looked like the hex head was slightly buggered up, turned out it wasn't. After finishing the bleeding process and putting tools away I looked closer at the new spare bleed screw. It has a small hole drilled up through the center of the shaft and then out the side for air/fuel to escape without having to completely remove the screw.
As you can tell, my limited knowledge and skills are nowhere near even a novice a diesel mechanic!

Attachments

• IMG_3891.JPG
    IMG_3891.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 71