Change tire PT1460

/ Change tire PT1460
All is well.
Thnks for the support as fit of the rim over the center hub is actually very tight and I couldn't tell if the rim was behind the center hub or just very close to it.
PB blaster, a mallet and a pry bar and was able to get the rim off. Local tire guy seated the bead and aired it up for 10 bucks.
Back in action within an hour.
20221129_120151.jpg

/ Change tire PT1460 #12  
Be thankful you don’t have an 1800 series. Tires are constantly flat. I have 4 spare just cause I change them so often.

/ Change tire PT1460 #13  
PB blaster, a mallet and a pry bar and was able to get the rim off. Local tire guy seated the bead and aired it up for 10 bucks.

What's the fun in that?

1669760417140.png

/ Change tire PT1460 #14  
All is well.
Thnks for the support as fit of the rim over the center hub is actually very tight and I couldn't tell if the rim was behind the center hub or just very close to it.
View attachment 772466
Good! (y)

/ Change tire PT1460 #15  
What's the old saying about things coming in threes? This one wasn't low tire pressure...

I was replacing 8x8 fence posts today around our cattle shelter. Initially,I used pressure treated 8x8s, not realizing that they aren't actually rated for in ground use. So, they rot out from ground level down a foot or two. Unfortunately, around the cattle shelter, I need the new posts to go back where the old ones where, which involves pulling the remains of the old post out, and sometimes I get lucky and there is enough left to get the whole post out, but not today.

So, as I am augering out the remains of the a partially rotted get post, I backed up slightly to keep the auger straight, and backed into a 2x6 at tire bead height that popped the tirebead off the rim for me. Argh!:mad: I was trying to beat a rain storm forecast for tomorrow that will make unpaved areas as slick as ice, and I really didn't want to fuss with reseating a tire. But such is life. I babied the PT back to shop, jacked it up, and cleaned of the REI and bead. Of course, it was cold (for here) out, and the tire didn't want to seat, so I had to break out the old ratchet strap and really snug it up before I could air up the tire.

Back to our regularly scheduled program of repairing gates...

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / Change tire PT1460 #16  
The “end all” to flats, beads popping, etc, is to foam fill the tires. Expensive, but may be worth it for those of you that have to deal with it a lot.

I foamed filled all four of mine years ago - drive over anything and no worries/issues.