Challenger MT265B

/ Challenger MT265B #11  
The MT265 is the same as the 1433. I looked both the 1433 and MT 265 in 2004 and they were the same. Both have a 16x16 or a hydro. The 1533 has a 12x12. The 1533 hood and fenders look like they are made of plastic instead of steal. The 1533 has round head lights. The 1433 and MT265 have square head lights. The dash looks like it has more plastic also. I would have purchased the MT265 because are Cat dealer has an excellent reputation, But it was it was a few thousand $$ more than the DX33 I bought.

/ Challenger MT265B
I actually went ahead and purchased the MT265 about a week & a half ago, after much investigating of local dealers and brands. I began to realize that the price "ballpark" was about the same for this size tractor, all similarly appointed(box blade, quick-attach forks). So, I started to compare dealers: attitude, willingness to educate, willingness to demo the products, longevity in the area,...you get the idea. All things being equal, I began to realize that the brand that I had first discounted as "too expensive" turned out to be the best choice for price, usability, features, and dealer service (they are just down the road from me...), and I might add, the only dealer who offered upfront to bring the product out to my property, and let me have at it for the weekend. I thought that really set the apart, and ultimately this was one of the things that made me feel comfortable with buying from them. I am not a brand person per se, but I must say that I sure like being a "cat-man" now! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Havenlane

/ Challenger MT265B #13  
The MT265 "B" is a newer version and is the equivalent to the Massey Ferguson 1500 Series. The MT265 (No letter designation) is equivalent to a 1400 Series. Both 1400 and 1500 series have steel sheet metal.