Challenger MT265B

/ Challenger MT265B #1  

havenlane

Tractor
Challenger MT265B
Does anyone have any experience with this model/manufacturer. I know that it is really a Caterpillar/Massey/Agco/Iseki..... fer cryin' out loud...how many hands are in the pot these days... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But, does anyone have any input as to quality of this machine? It sure looks good, and seems to have all of the bells & whistles. The real big draw to me at this point is the dealer is 10 mins from my place, and they seem real nice...we'll see how nice when the bid comes back. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The other options are TYM 330HST, and Mahindra 2810/3510. Anyone care to give comparisons? Good/Bad experiences?

Thanks in advance,
Havenlane

/ Challenger MT265B #2  
I have a MF 1440. I like it a lot better than the MF 1250 that I had before. If you have any specific questions feel free to let me know. In most areas, the Cat version is more expensive than the Massey.

/ Challenger MT265B
Thanks for replying back. Mostly, I just want to get an idea about any weaknesses or trouble points to this line. I just don't know much about the reputation of the Iseki tractors. I mean, it looks like this thing is about as tough a BadBoy as I have been seeing. The dealer has offered about 18k for tractor,loader,box-blade,forks w/ quick-attach,and filled R-4s. I think it sounds pretty reasonable. What do you all think?

thanks,
Havenlane

/ Challenger MT265B #4  
havenlane
I think you will find the Mahindra 2810/3510HST(made by TYM) and the TYM 330HST are the same tractor except for Dadong engine in the Mahindra and Kubota in the TYM. TYM may have a better Warranty. Also they (TYM) just built a new warehouse some ware in WA or OR.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Challenger MT265B #5  
That doesn't sound like a bad price, although I haven't checked prices for a while. I don't know of any problems on this tractor. I work mine, really work it on a farm everyday and have had zero problems. MF has been selling Iseki since about 1992 or a little before. The MT265B would be equivalent to a MF 1250, 1433 or a 1533. When Cat first came on line with Iseki tractors they were always one model behind MF. If MF was selling a 1433, Cat was selling a 1250. I don't know if is still that way or not. I don't have a Cat dealer close.

/ Challenger MT265B #6  
Is Mahindra still using Iseki rear axles, transmissions and dashes?

/ Challenger MT265B
I guess I didn't know Mahindra ever was using Iseki components, though I shouldn't be suprised I guess.

Yes, I have heard that TYM is building a warehouse in Redmond,OR, and I agree that they are using great stuff, but my nearest dealer is over an hour away from where I live, and the Cat dealer is very close. There are 6 Cat dealers within an hour's drive, and only the one TYM dealer within 200mi. My friends tell me I am suffering from an anxiety complex... I don't know, I just want to not have to worry... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Havenlane

/ Challenger MT265B #8  
If the Cat tractor fits the bill for what you like and the dealer seems to be good, go for it.

/ Challenger MT265B #9  
Nothing beats having the dealer cloose, especially during your warranty period. You can't go wrong with 6 dealers around you. I would shop them all and get the best deal.

Good Luck!
Bob

/ Challenger MT265B #10  
This will help clear things up. Iseki has supplied Massey Ferguson since 1991 and have built very reliable products. The MT265B is equivalent to the new Massey Ferguson 1533, it is not the same as the 1433. As for Mahindra, Iseki sold off some old tooling years ago that was similar to the 1100/1200 Massey Ferguson series components (rear end housing, axle). These are not exactly the same as the ones Massey Ferguson used but in appearance they are similar.