Chain hooks on Bucket or just use pallet forks? (For misc chain hoisting)

/ Chain hooks on Bucket or just use pallet forks? (For misc chain hoisting) #91  
I bought a slide on receiver hitch for my forks and used it for many years, but it was too big for my forks. I had my welder/fabricator make one for me and it works
great. I use it for lighter stuff and have 5 hooks on my 6' heavy duty FEL bucket for heavier things.

I lean my snow blower sub-frame on my pole barn wall to save space. Soon I will use my forks and receiver hitch to remove it from the wall and lay it down
so I can bring it into the shop so I can install it for winter.

It snowed yesterday a little bit and a couple more inches this morning. Winter is coming.

/ Chain hooks on Bucket or just use pallet forks? (For misc chain hoisting) #92  
In all the shops I worked, we either had an overhead crane or forklifts to move stuff. With the right rigging, we never had issues lifting with forks but we were on a level work area and a forklift is more stable.

/ Chain hooks on Bucket or just use pallet forks? (For misc chain hoisting) #93  
Ok, sorry for a dumb question, but I might use this project as an excuse to get a small welder. Is this a decent application for stick welding? I ask as Ive seen some mention of stick being less than ideal for thinner material…. Not sure if the bucket “lip” qualified as thinner :)
I got a thick piece of angle iron the length of the bucket, then welded hooks on that. Then I bolted the iron to the bucket. It strengthens the bucket and prevents welding bloopers on the bucket.

/ Chain hooks on Bucket or just use pallet forks? (For misc chain hoisting) #94  
... we were on a level work area and a forklift is more stable.
When I was researching here before buying my used US Yanmar 240 in 2003, I read: "We have one at the plant. Every year or so we look out and see it lying on its side. Those things are too narrow to put a loader on!"

Mine is much wider than stock with loaded oversize rear wheels and tires. But I haven't forgotten that warning. I bought the ROPS for it. Everything around here is soft sloped ground. (photos in Post #70 above).

Last edited: