Century 2535 Question

/ Century 2535 Question #1  

Dreamin_Tractors

Silver Member
Tractor
NH T2320 Hydro
Does anyone have any buying experiences with Rivera's Machinery in Texas? I am looking at the Century 2535 with C-50 Loader and Backhoe, they have great prices and are very responsive and helpfull in e-mail. Any experiences with this tractor and backhoe? I had my mind set on either Kubota or NH, but after driving and looking at the Century, I changed my mind.

/ Century 2535 Question #2  
Congrats on a wise decision /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I think the 2535 is great tractor.

I was enticed by the pricing on their website also but their listed pricing was only with the C30 loader and I wanted the C50. I sent them two emails requesting pricing with the C50 loader and never heard a word from them. Their could be a million reasons why they left my emails unanswered so I won't pass any judgement.

I ended up buying (3045) from a dealer the next state over who's pricing was not as good, but was close enough for me and I have the comfort of being able to go back to him if I have any issues.

Good luck!

/ Century 2535 Question
Thanks, I got the impression that they are only using the C-50 loader now. I would rather buy closer to home, but the closest dealer is still a 2.5 hour drive each way. Too far for me to trailer, so the only advantage of buying "local" was if they had the best price, which is not the case.

/ Century 2535 Question #4  
HELLO ALL AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAISE!!
I AM ONE OF THE SALESMAN HERE AT RIVERAS MACHINERY AND WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAISE AND APPOLOGIZE TO ANY OTHERS WHO HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE E-MAIL SITUATION. I WILL PERSONALLY DO ANYTHING IN MY POWER TO HELP YOU IN YOUR NEW TRACTOR PURCHASE. ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO!
KYLE CONDRAY

/ Century 2535 Question #5  
Thanks for being a participant in this forum. I'm sure you'll be a great resource here. I would have considered this brand if any dealers had been within reason to my location.

<font color="blue"> PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO! </font>
As for what you could do, you could reach over and hit that little caps lock key to turn it off when replying. It makes it easier to read your post when it's not on and some people on the net consider it shouting to keep it on.

Welcome again and thanks for the input.

/ Century 2535 Question #6  
Where in Washington State do you live? 2.5 hours will take 1/2 of the way across the state I am sure there is a dealer closer than that. Let us know where you are and maybe we can find you a closer Century dealer.

/ Century 2535 Question
I live near Seattle, but the Tractor will be located near Blaine, which is right on the Canadian Border, just off I-5. There is a dealer near Maple Valley, which is 30 minutes East of Renton.

I have checked several dealers in Washington & Oregon, but they are still Aprx. $1,000 dollars higher even after figuring the shipping in. I believe the high volume dealers get good discounts, and they typically sell at a lower profit margin, because they make it up in volume. It certainly puts the small dealer at a bit of a dis-advantage, and me in a bit of an akward position. I want a good deal, but not at a dealers expense. It does not seem reasonable to ask the local dealer to match the price, because he still may not make any money on the deal. I would also be asking him to make a 4-5 hour round trip drive for warranty or service work, which seems unreasonable.

There are several good diesel mechanics in the area the tractor will be kept, so I have decided to do most repairs/maintenance myself, and pay a local mechanic to do the rest.

/ Century 2535 Question #8  
I was just in Blaine the other day, dropping off a tractor for a guy headed to BC. Sunny and nice, hadn’t seen that over there before :). Bet it is not like that this week. Korean machines are pretty solid so I don’t imagine you will spend much time working on it.

I have customers that wouldn’t blink an eye asking me to drive 4 hours to fix a tractor even if it didn’t have a warranty. Dealers prices are not necessarily based on volume or dealer discounts. It is mostly based on their overhead. My friend is the JD dealer his rent is $8900 a month on his building and he has 20 employees. In comparison my rent is $400 and I have 4 employees and we sell equal amounts of tractors. We can both buy for roughly the same price give or take a few hundred. So who do you think you can negotiate a better deal with...... A big part of operating cost is how fussy your customer base is. If your customers call you at 2am and want you to come out in a rainstorm to fix the hood latch that broke and if you don’t they will spend the better part of their lives telling everybody what a piece of crap you are then you better charge a little more to cover those people (true story). The fussier the customer base the higher the prices. Some dealers also have a price in there head that they will sell that tractor for and that is it and they are perfectly content to watch the tractor sit in the lot for years if that is what it takes to get their price. Nothing wrong or evil about that just a different way of doing things.

Next time I get through Blaine I will keep an eye out for your new tractor knocking down blackberries.

/ Century 2535 Question
Thanks for the insights, I am definately going to have the conversation with the local dealer, and see if we can find some middle ground.

You won't hear me clearing blackberries, my brother bought a John Deere 550 bulldozer, so I made sure to remove my 15' tall "mountain" of blackberries, and all the stumps that were in my way. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hopefully I will have a backhoe removing more stumps. I have come to the conclusion they are growing on my propoerty.

Thanks,
Eric