Century 2535/Foskett equip.

/ Century 2535/Foskett equip. #1  

STEVEG

Tractor
Century 2535
I finally had the time to stop by Foskett's and see the century line of tractors. I been looking at the big three for the last couple of months. I was very impressed! "They seem to be the deal of the century" A lot of tractor for the money. The C50 FL is a monster, Fit and finish is real good. I also meet Harold, He a great guy who answered all my stupid questions and really cares about his customers!! Does anybody else know anything about this dealer or tractor?? What about engine life - etc.

35 net horsepower, 31 pto with FL cap. of over 2000 lbs - wow!

What would a good/fair price be for a 2535, C50FL, c-system BH and R4's excluding tax - Feedback please

SG

/ Century 2535/Foskett equip. #2  
can't answer for the Century other than those who have them, love them. Harold is super to deal with, honest, and truly cares for his cutomers, enough said..

/ Century 2535/Foskett equip. #3  
see my post under Century/Branson on pricing......looked at Nh this morning, not impressed with the dealer or equipment /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif,,, waited about 15 minutes in the store before anyone said anything, this included walking around outside and looking, sitting on and just generally looking at NH and KUB(dual line dealer).......

the price was( no dickering>>>> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
TC 30
7308 loader
Bush Hog 5' box
Bush Hog 285 cutter
$16495 ..........no trailer (18'------$1895)

Century continues to impress and their dealers want your business

good luck

bluebonnet2

/ Century 2535/Foskett equip. #4  
I don't know about your dealer, but from the few Century and Branson dealers I've met, they are mostly small operations concerned with the customer. That is really important down the road. Will your dealer remember you after you buy the tractor? Will he take care of you? These were issues that I didn't think the big 3 provide any more.

/ Century 2535/Foskett equip. #5  
I bought a Century tractor from Harold after shopping at every dealer I could find in NH and Massachusetts. I was referred to him by someone on this board. He also dealt with all my silly questions and numerous phone calls. All the time remaining friendly and helpfull. He promised free transportation for any warranty issue that may come up and I am an hour and a half away. This was important since I have no trailer and he's pretty far from me. I know Harold will honor this as he's already made the trip once for a silly paperwork mishap on the finance contract.(On a Sunday!)

Oh the tractor is awesome!(3045) I thought I would miss the HST transmission but the shuttle shift has become second nature. (I'm reaching for it in my automatic car /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ) The C-50 loader is powerfull and comes off and on easily.

I've not had any issues so far, about 25 hours. I've been on it during every spare moment I have.

I would whole heartedly recommend Fosketts and the Century.

/ Century 2535/Foskett equip.
Franky - Thanks for the good feedback - It would seem that I'm a lucky man with Foskett's and
Harold only being 25 mile away. With so few dealers around I'm having a hard time determining
what is a good/fair price on these tractors. Before deciding on Foskett, did you compare prices?
I know dealer support should be number # 1 priority but If a can also save some money, that
would be great. Can anyone provide me with list prices for these tractors and accessories?

List price should provide me with a better idea of vendor cost and possible profit margin

2535 tractor, C50 FL, C system BH 13" and R4's

Thanks for the help! Chipperman - are your out their? SG

/ Century 2535/Foskett equip. #7  
I've been to Harold's a hundred times, looking, shopping and general chit chat. He gives quite a bit off the list. I am guessing at 20%.. Iknow from shopping around two years ago, he was 2500 or so, less than comparable machines and dealers.

/ Century 2535/Foskett equip. #8  
Steve, You will not be sorry if you buy from Harold. I'm the guy that put Frank onto him. I bought my 3045 in May and love it. My tractor is in Maine and having Harold and Chipperman on my side gives me confidence that if I do have any problems, that they will be taken care of properly and promptly. I have a trailer, so having Harold pick up the machine is not an issue, I wouldn't expect him to. I don't miss the hydro as the engine has enough power to forgive my novice mistakes. The shuttle makes everything a breeze. I bought mine for less than the JD 4310 I almost bought. After about one hour behind the seat, I realized that the JD wouldn't have done some of the heavy FEL work that I want it to. Nothing specifically against JD, NONE of the big three class II CUT's would have met my needs. Nissan might sned me a nasty letter, but I keep quoting their original Xterra commercial. "Everything you need and nothing you don't"
Pacesetter

/ Century 2535/Foskett equip. #9  
Steve,
I also bought a Century from Harold. He has been a great guy to work with, and I couldn't be happier with the tractor.
You should do fine with him.
jh

/ Century 2535/Foskett equip. #10  
STEVEG

Thanks for the continued interest. A tractor purchase is a major investment and I know you want to make the right decision.

In regard to you statement.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( List price should provide me with a better idea of vendor cost and possible profit margin)</font>

I would be glad to discuss with you the list prices of the tractors by phone. As for what is a fair price? A fair price is one you are comfortable with and gives you good value. Prices do vary from dealer to dealer and area to area with any product. That can be due to a variety of reasons. How much profit the dealer makes should really not be part of the decision process. I don’t get involved in what dealers charge, but if it was Harold’s practice of giving unfair prices and less then exceptional service he would not be doing the business he is and getting the responses you see on this board.

As always I will happily answer any of your questions I can (there is no such thing as a stupid question) and do anything I can to help make your tractor purchase a positive experience. In addition after the sale I will continue to be there to help you with any customer support you my need or desire.

Let me know how I can help.

Thank you again
Chipperman