Dealer Central TX dealers?

/ Central TX dealers? #1  

jrv

Anyone happen to have had any experiences in centeral Texas they'd like to share?

The Kubota web site lists Taylor Equipment (Taylor) and Lanford Equipment (SE Austin) as the only dealers within 50 miles.

/ Central TX dealers? #2  
jrv, what do you need to know? I'm a little farther north than those, but I know there are dealers in Waco, Palestine, Waxahachie, etc. I bought mine in Waco.

Bird

/ Central TX dealers?
I'm looking for good/bad reports on dealers. Any problems with service or such? Any surprises, pleasant or otherwise? I usually like to "buy local" especially for a big-ticket item that will need maintenance and service, but not if their service department is unreliable or the sales guys less than completely honest.

As an aside, Carver's web pages apparently say they will do a "rent-to-own": do a 2-6 month rental and if you decide to keep it, 100% of the rental fee goes towards purchase. This might be a good idea for me as a first-time buyer who doesn't really know what he needs, and if the local dealers won't do that I might look further away. I'm pretty sure that on paper a B2410 is what I want, but renting might be the way to go if there's chance I'll decide next year to just buy a riding mower and hire out the tractor work.

/ Central TX dealers? #4  
I bought my M4700 2wd from Elk Tractors in La Grange and just traded it in an bought a M6800 4wd with BushHog loader about 2 mos. ago.They were cheaper on their price than Langford(Austin) and Langford Seguin.I heard about place in Taylor but had no dealings with them.Elk has good service.But like he said Kubotas are like the Hondas,Toyotas you just don't see them back in the shop.

Larry Schultz

/ Central TX dealers? #5  
Sure would like to convice you to write a long message of why you decided to trade up on your tractor and how you like the M6800.

I have written quite a lot about the M6800S 4WD on this board and really am pleased with mine. Yes, if I had bought it without the 4WD, I would still regret it. One of the really neat things about the M6800 is that the frame size is only a little larger than the M4700 (M4900 now), yet the power was considerably better. Main difference in width was just that the tires were larger. The actual compression on the soil was really low due to the size of the tire footprint. As a result, it is one of the most maneuverable utility tractors with ample HP for most agricultural applications, particularly with the 4WD.

If we could scale it down a tad and put a hydro on it, Mark would be out buying one also. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Central TX dealers? #6  
Tipton Tractor is near your area. Seems like it is in Waco. They exhibit each year at the Stock Show in Ft. Worth and quote reasonable prices on Kubota. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Central TX dealers? #7  
Wen, Tipton International on I-35 (south edge of Waco) is where I bought both my Kubotas. Haven't found anyone who'd beat their prices./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird