Cement mixer update

/ Cement mixer update #1  

Carpenter

Silver Member
Tractor
PT425, Kubota L39 TLB
I finally got to put the mixer to good use on the fence project. We mixed 30 bags of ready-mix concrete for the fence posts. The mixer worked great. The bags were stacked on the trailer, so we'd drive up and tip the mixer down, load the bags, cut them open and start mixing. The water was already in the mixer so by the time we'd drive back over to the fence and get the post positioned, it was ready to pour. The only thing that didn't work out as I had planned, was being able to pour directly into the holes. Because we were using vinyl posts, I didn't want to scrape them up with the mixer; so we ended up pouring into the wheelbarrow and shovelig the concrete in around the posts. I'm going to make a portable tapered chute to use next time.

I was very pleased with the performance of the mixer. The front mounting allowed easy and accurate loading and pouring. The mixer ran smoothly and mixed the concrete well. I'm glad I had it.

/ Cement mixer update #2  
Eric,
Thanks for the update on the mixer. Your comment regarding the building of a method to pour is interesting. I had not thought of this and will be interested to see what you come up with.
PJ