Cement Mixer (Carpenter)

/ Cement Mixer (Carpenter)
Carpenter, that looks very cool! Does the mixer have paddles or does it use the angled sides to stir the concrete? Also, how do you like those bar tires? Would you get them again or turf tires? Thanks.

/ Cement Mixer (Carpenter)
MR, you stole my word before I could post! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Cement Mixer (Carpenter) #14  
Also a great looking trailer. Do you have a method for securing the attachments when moving them around town?
PJ

/ Cement Mixer (Carpenter) #15  
Marrt, Yes the mixer has paddles. I like the bar tires alot. They give good traction and don't seem to do any damage to the lawns. I do cleanup on my tree farm and help out a landscaper friend with moving gravel and mulch, so the bar tires seems to be the best bet. I've never had a tractor with turf tires,though, so I really can't compare the two.

/ Cement Mixer (Carpenter) #16  
PJ, I use heavy duty ratcheting straps, right now. I'm planning on setting up some kind of clamps in the future. The only problem is I'll have to have a dedicated spot for each attachment. I think if I have a cradle of some sort built over each fender I could fit most everything on my trailer except the mower. I only use it here at home, so that would be ok.

/ Cement Mixer (Carpenter) #17  
Justed wanted to chime in on the bar tires. I have had my PT422 for about 4 days now. Have not posted since the only word I could get out was 'WOW'. I am truly impressed and pleased with the machine. Now that I have my words back...

The bar tires are great. I have driven all over my lawn, in some tight circles I might add, and it has not disturbed the turf at all. The traction is great.

Duane

/ Cement Mixer (Carpenter) #18  
My thoughts are to use a trailer like yours to haul mulch, rocks, etc. plus have space for tie downs. Going into the mountains I need the tractor, forks, bucket, and space to haul items back.I like your idea of over the fenders if possible.
PJ

/ Cement Mixer (Carpenter) #19  
Carpenter, Thanks for posting the pictures. Sorry you had some trouble resizing them but you are probably glad you now know how to do it. It looks like you got a great system there. I just got my 3-point cement mixer setup to work on my NH TC33D. I probably will only have 10" or so of clearance while it is in the fully dumped position. With your mixer on the FEL can you dump higher than that?

/ Cement Mixer (Carpenter) #20  
I would like a large dump trailer that would fit my tractor or my Gator, hold about 20 tons and easily tow behind my 2 door Tahoe with out modifications. I only have about $500. Should'nt be a problem should it?
PTRich
'