Cat D3K2 Mulcher

/ Cat D3K2 Mulcher #2  
I've seen pictures of those before but haven't seen one working though.

To me it's a very cool concept. If CAT would come up with some sort of quick attach that would allow an easy switching between the blade and mulcher, would be very cool.

/ Cat D3K2 Mulcher
Yes, it's too bad it all has to be unpinned. Be a little heavier duty than a CTL skid steer machine.

/ Cat D3K2 Mulcher #4  
I would imagine the dozer has to have a substantially enhanced hydraulic system for something like this. Total cost? Do we have enough room for all the digits?

/ Cat D3K2 Mulcher
I would imagine the dozer has to have a substantially enhanced hydraulic system for something like this. Total cost? Do we have enough room for all the digits?

Probably not. A local contractor just got a new Cat 304CR excavator and it was just about $280,000!! But it did have a twist-o-wrist for the bucket. That price may have included the extra bucket, not sure.

/ Cat D3K2 Mulcher
Well maybe I got the middle digit wrong, but it was sickening. it was almost the same as my new dump truck and it is $265,000. Like I said, the price could have included the extra buckets.
And I am in Canada, so whatever your prices are in the states double it, LOL

/ Cat D3K2 Mulcher #8  
A 304CR is nowhere near 280k

The OP is in Canada!
You have obviously never bought any US made machinery in Canada!
Canadian dollar prices are SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER, due to monetary exchange rate, and taxes.

You are obviously paranoid about your location, with your exceptionally snide profile location commentary.

/ Cat D3K2 Mulcher #9  
The OP is in Canada!
You have obviously never bought any US made machinery in Canada!
Canadian dollar prices are SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER, due to monetary exchange rate, and taxes.

You are obviously paranoid about your location, with your exceptionally snide profile location commentary.[/QUOTE

I dare you to post a quote from a Cat dealer in Canada showing anywhere near that price for a 304CR. When you do then you can maybe your comments will mean anything at all.

/ Cat D3K2 Mulcher
I don't know. Maybe the contractor and the operator lied to me about what they paid. I never bought it. Sorry for my ignorance in taking someones word for it and posting without research.
I didn't think they had a reason to lie to me?