CAT Challenger tractors?

/ CAT Challenger tractors? #11  
Looks like they run an Iseki diesel engine. I wonder where the tractor is built.

/ CAT Challenger tractors? #12  
The entire tractor is built by Iseki in Japan. The same goes for the AGCO and MF compacts.

/ CAT Challenger tractors? #13  
I thought some of the MF compacts came from pakistan or somewhere over that way. I could well be wrong though.

/ CAT Challenger tractors? #14  
Built in Japan.

Last edited:
   / CAT Challenger tractors? #15  
Ok, well here it goes to see if I can clarify.. we could almost start another forum titled: "Foreign Counterparts for US Branded Compacts" AKA: Who really makes it?

For the Challenger discussion, yes the MT series, like it has been pointed out are made by Iseki and are just like the AGCO ST Series and the Massey Ferguson 1200 Series... it is essentially the same as the current Iseki TK Series..(see their site www.iseki.com) Iseki Blue not sold in the US except Hawaii... For the Massey Brand they have used some different hood design's to differentiate themselves where as the AGCO and CAT are the TK Series repainted in either AC orange or CAT Yellow with US Language stickers... Massey has also now come out with their 1400 Series which is a variant of the Iseki TK...

The ones you were thinking about are the MF 200 series (still made and marketed under their name), and still made by TAFE in India (Tafe is the second largest tractor maker behind Mahindra in India) ... they are a much older but very proven and durable design, mostly found in 2WD, but there were some 4WD, but are still made... You can go to "www.tafe.com" and see their models.. they even still have the MF in their model designations on the website and still have the 200 series and the old MF 1010, 1030 etc. series that were converted to the Iseki made series in the early 1990's...

Get's very confusing as you can see..... we should start a thread that covers the recent lineage of some of the compacts... might be interesting... we could call it the CUT History Forum.... What do you think Muhammad?

/ CAT Challenger tractors? #16  
Not quite on the Massey 200 series. Ursus makes the 231s,Uzel made the others in the 200 series for North American consumption,except for the rest of the "1" series which is from Brazil. The "4" series was from BannerLane in the U.K.as was the 243/263s.

The Massey tractors from TAFE are sold in India.