Cat 1 Cylinder length Hydraulic top link

/ Cat 1 Cylinder length Hydraulic top link #1  

kas2960

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK4010HST
Sorry folks,
Another question regarding replacing the manual top link with a hydraulic one. What is the length of cylinder you are using?
I currently have a blower attached and the top link is extended to 21". I realize I can go and remove/install my blade and box blade and rotary mower and and measure the lengths and of course since it's winter put the blower back on, but instead of re-inventing the wheel, my guess is someone already has a lot of experience with this :)
Looks like 18"-26" and 20 to 28" are the ones I would pick from. I am worried that the 20" may not retract enough. A store here in town only has the 20"-28". The one I was going to buy was on Amazon from Sparepartsholland which comes with hoses and a dual check valve and is 18"-26". Stay warm and thanks!

/ Cat 1 Cylinder length Hydraulic top link #2  
Every application is going to be different. I think I'm using the 18-26 on mine. However, I have Quick Hitch and I'm using a Stirrup to connect the rod end to the QH. The stirrup allows a cutter to float.

Tool Box.jpg

Here's a better picture of the stirrup.

3PH Sturrup.jpg

/ Cat 1 Cylinder length Hydraulic top link #3  
Sorry folks,
Another question regarding replacing the manual top link with a hydraulic one. What is the length of cylinder you are using?
I currently have a blower attached and the top link is extended to 21". I realize I can go and remove/install my blade and box blade and rotary mower and and measure the lengths and of course since it's winter put the blower back on, but instead of re-inventing the wheel, my guess is someone already has a lot of experience with this :)
Looks like 18"-26" and 20 to 28" are the ones I would pick from. I am worried that the 20" may not retract enough. A store here in town only has the 20"-28". The one I was going to buy was on Amazon from Sparepartsholland which comes with hoses and a dual check valve and is 18"-26". Stay warm and thanks!
The working length that I normally recommend for the Kioti CK10 series tractors is 18"-25".
I think that the 18"-26" unit would suit you well. (y)

/ Cat 1 Cylinder length Hydraulic top link #4  
Does your factory top link work with all your attachments? That's the length to get. I added Pat's Quick Hitch to my tractor then needed a longer top link and a longer PTO shaft for my mower.

/ Cat 1 Cylinder length Hydraulic top link
   / Cat 1 Cylinder length Hydraulic top link
Does your factory top link work with all your attachments? That's the length to get. I added Pat's Quick Hitch to my tractor then needed a longer top link and a longer PTO shaft for my mower.
Good point. I could just unhook it and measure it fully re-tracked and extended. I think it's about 17.5" re-tracked but I don't remember having anything attached like that. Thinking the 18 to 26 will do.

/ Cat 1 Cylinder length Hydraulic top link #7  
Be careful what you buy. I saw “deal” on “Type 1, 3-pt hydraulic top link”. Didn’t have time to put it on when it arrived, and when I had time to try it, I discovered it for 20-mm pins not 3/4-inch. About two months after the return window closed. I probably could have used it and tolerated the slop.

Plan is to buy another as the top link, and use the one with the 20-mm pins to modify my rear blade to power angle.

/ Cat 1 Cylinder length Hydraulic top link #8  
Be careful what you buy. I saw “deal” on “Type 1, 3-pt hydraulic top link”. Didn’t have time to put it on when it arrived, and when I had time to try it, I discovered it for 20-mm pins not 3/4-inch. About two months after the return window closed. I probably could have used it and tolerated the slop.

Plan is to buy another as the top link, and use the one with the 20-mm pins to modify my rear blade to power angle.
20mm is about .030" larger than 3/4. It should have worked with a 3/4 pin. Are you sure you weren't trying to use a 7/8" pin?

/ Cat 1 Cylinder length Hydraulic top link #9  
20mm is about .030" larger than 3/4. It should have worked with a 3/4 pin. Are you sure you weren't trying to use a 7/8" pin?
the 3/4 pin was rattling around. Probably would work, but be loose. But since I needed a double acting cylinder, to modify the rear blade I decided to buy another cylinder with the right sized mounts.

If I didn’t already have an alternative use, I probably would have tried it with the one I have.