CASE Guys

/ CASE Guys #11  
Not sure if this is of any help or not, but the dealer that I bought my Massey from did a comparison video between a Massey and a Case that had some good information on both tractors. Since he's a Massey Dealer, he shows why Massey is better, but I was impressed with the Case tractor and considered it as an option when I was trying to decide what to buy. These are bigger tractors then what you are looking for, but I think they are close enough to be worth watching the video.

/ CASE Guys #12  
Right you are! I didn't see that at CaseIH when I looked. I did a search and found it. Yes, it is just a differently tuned version of the same LS made models. I believe all of the CNH small compact tractors are made by LS.

LS makes a good tractor. Most of the problems I have seen are brought on by people not understanding how to use the tractor (some regen related, some don't realize tractors aren't bull dozers).

I grew up with IH.
This statement is true LS is making variants for both New Holland and Case IH. I have owned LS since 2019 - XR3135 - 35 hp the unit is very robust. The diesel engine is LS developed unit with CRD and emissions. This system does purge “regen” every 50 hours over prior Mitsubishi version at 5 hours For regen. They have some quality issues on wiring harnesses tractors getting wrong harnesses on production floor. They have bought back these tractors or corrected them. So far my unit has been trouble free since 2019. I bought unit with factory mounted backhoe it has been invaluable tool. No disappointments with LS. Now my unit is equipped with turbo 35 hp seems like 50 hp with turbo. I too grew up with IH gas and diesel. I am restoring IH504 gas 1966. They were built to last to the end of time. Very little products designed to last more than 10 years, planned obsolescence of manufacturers. Rather sell new over replacement parts. Honestly farmers have always been green on recycling before greenies existed.

/ CASE Guys
I just wanted to pass along some info I received. I reached out to both Case and LS to find out which tractors LS makes for Case. The Case folks could not or would not tell me (they wanted me to reach out to a dealer) but the LS person says that they make larger utility tractors for them, mostly 100 hp and above.

/ CASE Guys #14  
I just wanted to pass along some info I received. I reached out to both Case and LS to find out which tractors LS makes for Case. The Case folks could not or would not tell me (they wanted me to reach out to a dealer) but the LS person says that they make larger utility tractors for them, mostly 100 hp and above.
I'm just not sure that is the case.

CNH utility tractors 75hp to 120hp are made in Turkey in a CNH/Fiat corporation factory.

LS does have a 100hp utility tractor in their lineup, but I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't of Turkey origin as well.

I may be wrong, but I try to stay abreast of CNH, and as far as I know, LS only makes smaller, compact tractors for Case IH & New Holland.

/ CASE Guys #15  
Not sure who you spoke with, but they are full of feces. Either that or they confused larger with smaller. LS makes the ones under 100 HP for CaseIH and New Holland.

Simple way to tell...pull up the specs on CaseIH, NH and LS tractors in the same sizes. I 'discovered' this when I was researching tractors. I had a spreadsheet with 14+ nameplates and anything from 30HP to 65HP on my original list. The data on the 3 brands was identical on almost every metric. Another way to tell is look at the engine. LS mostly uses their own Mtron engine.

I'm not near my computer right now, but I'll add some specifics when I pull it up later today.

/ CASE Guys
You may be right. I am sure there are dealers on this forum, it would be nice if some of them would chime in on topics like this. While I have no experience with the LS line of tractors, I am leery of them based on what I have heard and seen. I think consumers should know who makes their products. The fact that the Case representative could not or would not answer my question makes me less eager to do business with them.

/ CASE Guys #17  
The CNH brands do not actively advertise that LS makes tractors for them. Their website avoids mentioning the brand of engines in those models, but not the ones for bigger tractors. This is not really uncommon. Most brands that sell tractors built by another brand do not pitch that reality.

/ CASE Guys #18  
There is an older model Farmall C which didn't come in that large an engine, we are talking old, old.

The one you are referring to must be the newer make, not the same as the old one at all. As Stublinhorse says it, new model, is made by CNH who also makes the New Holland.

The new Case IH 50C has the Shibaura engine, it appears. I know that Shibaura is a great Japanese made engine that they have been putting in a lot of Ford/New Holland and Case IH tractors for many years. We have a Massey Ferguson 1750M with a Shibaura engine in it and it is a great runner. I also had a little SCUT Case IH DX24e with the Shibaura engine in it and it was a great little tractor. That engine starts almost as easy as a Yanmar in the winter, almost. Years ago, I also had a old Ford 1215 (Made in the 90's for reference how long they have been using Shibaura) Subcompact with the engine in it, no issues with that engine either.

My experience with Shibaura is, it is in the same conversation of quality as the Yanmar/Kubota/Iseki. Among the best for small tractors. This is my opinion, no proof of this, just based on my experience with them.

I do not know about the DEF on the tractor you are looking into. None of mine had/have DEF. That would be what I would do my research on. Ask the dealers, google any known DEF issues with that model etc.

If you don't read of a lot of significant DEF issues, I would buy it.

Be careful when you say "old, old" on those old Farmall C tractors! They're my age or only a bit older!

/ CASE Guys #19  
CASE Can’t Afford Something Else haha no I don’t know anything about tractors but I thought that’s funny.
Hahaha that IS funny.
And I own some CASE equipment!

/ CASE Guys #20  
Not sure if this is of any help or not, but the dealer that I bought my Massey from did a comparison video between a Massey and a Case that had some good information on both tractors. Since he's a Massey Dealer, he shows why Massey is better, but I was impressed with the Case tractor and considered it as an option when I was trying to decide what to buy. These are bigger tractors then what you are looking for, but I think they are close enough to be worth watching the video.

You do get more with AGCO!