Case 446 repower

/ Case 446 repower #11  
This is a good read. It makes me appreciate my 1982, model 448, even more. I wish I had the mechanical ability of you fellas. Other than cleaning the heads of carbon and doing routine maintenance my Case hasn't gotten any special attention. It has mowed my 3 acres and pushed snow for me and my neighbors all this time. It is still in service, but is used less now that I own a Kubota B2620. I'm guessing that the Onan (18 HP) has about 2000 hours or more, and still runs great without blowing smoke. Cheers, Mike

You don't need anyone to help you appreciate your 448 -You have proven it for yourself :thumbsup:

I notice you are in Kansas- I was born and raised in Topeka. Still have some family there.

Mark

/ Case 446 repower #12  
There were several Case Garden Tractor dealers here in eastern Kansas back in the hay days of Case. I used to travel the whole state and have lots good memories all over the state, especially from Topeka. But that was almost 50 years ago.

Cheers, Mike

/ Case 446 repower #13  
Has anybody on here ever successfully put an Onan CCK in a Case garden tractor? I have a 446 that is in need of an engine, and I have a low-hour CCK that I wound up with in a trade. I probably have enough parts to build a B43, but would like the extra HP of the CCK, if it'll fit.