Carport Project

/ Carport Project
Here is a pic of the siding beenthere. It is a two sided dual look siding. The upper right is the rustic side and is what I used. The lower right has a bead down the center and when that side shows it looks like 1x4 tunge and groove. This was purchased from Lowe's about 4 years ago and they no longer have it and I do not know the mfg. And the left side is how it looks on the side of my house./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
33-84736-siding.jpg

logo.jpg

Attachments

• 33-84736-siding.jpg
    33-84736-siding.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 128
   / Carport Project #12  
CedarRanch,

If you have the time and know of a wood mill in your area, you can ask them to match the siding by having a set of milling blades made to match your sidings profile. They can then mill the lumber to match the house and you then own the blades. My wifes Uncle had it done to match the profile of his log cabin when he put on an addition. Instead of using log construction, he used 2x8's milled down to match the profile. You can't notice the difference!!

Give it a thought.

/ Carport Project #14  
CedarRanch,

The siding is S1S, tight knot channel, any good lumber yard that sells cedar siding will have it. You can buy it in 1x6, 1x8 and 1x10. You might ask for vertical cedar siding often this pattern is placed vertically. I used this on my barn. click here to check the pattern
This outfit specializes in prestained siding so this is just a pattern check. This place has some pretty pictures of the siding.
Al

/ Carport Project #15  
Thanks for the pick.
I agree with Twinkletoes, that this is a standard pattern and should be available somewhere. Question the lumber experts at Lowes, and see if they can order it (if another local yard doesn't already have it). Someone should be able to get it for you. Good luck.

/ Carport Project
John Miller,
the power, water, and phone are buried under the driveway so I could not dig down and if I raised the lower end it would cause the water to run towards my house instead of away.

TWINKLE_TOES and beenthere,
Lowe's no longer carries that siding and cannot order it. Home Depot and Marvin's does not have it listed in their books so they can't order it. So I will probably buy 1x8 rough cut planks and run them through the table saw and router. I had hope to find someone with it in stock. I found a place about 80 miles away that can order but it I would have to buy an entire bundle and I only need 8 planks. Thanks for the web sites TWINKLE_TOES

logo.jpg

/ Carport Project #17  
David,

Here in Upstate New York, my wife would have a large "rear door" immediately "constructed" the first slippery snow/ice day... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG