Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position....

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #11  
It’ll work!!

easy Peasy!

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #12  
While you are looking at things back there, check the 3 point lift arm on that side for cracks. My arm started cracking, which caused it to sag, which caused me to make the "top" adjustment. After the third adjustment I noticed the cracked arm. I replaced it and all is good now.

I don't think there is a design defect, I leave my mower deck on most of the time and locked up a good portion of that. I think that 200lbs of deck bouncing on the arm caused it.

Doug in SW IA

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position....
Bob,
here ya go!
loosen the locknut, then turn that bolt one way or the other and you’ll be goood!!

Unfortunately, adjusting that nut either way resulted in no change. I ended up taking deck off and trying to figure it out. I ended up grinding the bottom of spiral cam flat, and ground down the edge of that nub that’s on side near bottom of spiral cam. I believe it’s supposed to go into that notch that’s on that linkage, and it doesn’t. I got it to go into “top”position when deck was off, but when deck was back on it was difficult again to try and get into “top”position. I need to get some more grinding stones for the dremel, I’m gonna grind more off that nub…
IMG_0368.JPG
IMG_0367.JPG

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #14  
Me thinks you are going to be bying a new Cam.....

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

• 1374.JPG
    1374.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
  • 1375.JPG
    1375.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
  • 1376.JPG
    1376.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
  • 1378.JPG
    1378.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 1379.JPG
    1379.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 81
   / Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #15  
^^^^
I Agree. The kubota Engineers have designed this to work as machined, no need to
F to F ( File to Fit)

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #16  
^^^^
I Agree. The kubota Engineers have designed this to work as machined, no need to
F to F ( File to Fit)
I disagree. This is one of the poorest examples of design I know of relating to a Kubota. For the most part they are great machines.

I say be cautious what you modify but the Kubota Engineers have designed a piece of crap for deck level adjustment. It has been a common nuisance to large numbers of users and if you can do something to make it work better -- more power to ya !!

Me thinks you are going to be bying a new Cam.....

Cheers,
Mike
Why? It still works, pics are of 2 areas I ground down some. This tractor has been a headache since I bought the damn thing at end of December. Never had this problem on the 1870. Why would I be able to put it in Top position earlier this year, now it won't? Put another hour on it idling and fiddling with this. Tired of dragging it back to dealer for work, which has been twice so far. Maybe a new cam will solve problem, who knows??? I shouldn't have to wiggle deck to get something to move...

Last edited:
^^^^
F to F ( File to Fit)
Well, it obviously doesn't in my case :rolleyes: ....

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #19  
I gotta agree with you dieselbob.....I claim no expertise in just about anything. But I do fiddle around based on my observations. So far I get things fixed without a trip to the dealer. My B2620 (2012) is 10 YO with over 800 hrs, mostly mowing. A new CAM fixed my issue....seems like IIRC it was about $30 backin 2017. I can appreciate your frustration......

Cheers,
Mike

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #20  
If it helps...

I had to get it in my head that "Top" did not mean top - it is the position that is doubled, as for carrying the deck while out-of-service - better named 'Stop".
Mine also worked best about 15 degrees out of wack - 'Top' turned just a bit from say dead 6:00 (as hour hand) to say 5:45.
Often CCW vs CW (or opposite...) will work.
I could find nothing wrong with design, just operator!