Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position....

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #1  

dieselbob69

Gold Member
Tractor
'21 Kubota BX2380
Ok, another frustrating thing has occurred now with this BX2380. I cannot get the adjustment knob for the MMM into top position, it stops 1 click short and won't budge. I bumped the deck lever up/down and tried it again with no luck. It was working before, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and had a solution. Hotter than Hades here, so not pulling deck off for a few days. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but I would like to use 3 point hitch without worrying about MMM linkages hanging or getting caught on something....

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #2  
Similar issues come up on many threads. I assume you know that the hydraulic lift has to be all the way up to take the load off the adjustment apparatus so you can adjust it. The mechanism itself is kind of flaky in my opinion. I have almost always been able to "get it loose" on my own but once had to take it to a shop. They put it up in the air on a lift and played around with the linkage and unjammed the problem with no real explanation. Also, most of the Kubota MMM have a linkage pin where you can fasten the deck full-up and let it ignore the hydraulic 3pt hitch position. Pretty sure that both my B2150s and my BX2200 do.

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #3  
Bob,
common issue with a simple fix!! Take a breath!

in front of the Left rear tire is the adjustment for that knob, I’m doing this from memory so bear with me: Noodle around with the knob while looking at the left rear tire, you’ll see the linkage that adjusts that knob, as I recall I had to move the nut just a 1/2 turn to get the deck to sit at “Top”

give it a try, if you can’t figure it out, PM me and I’ll take pics!

Cheers,
BN

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #4  
Bob,
common issue with a simple fix!! Take a breath!

in front of the Left rear tire is the adjustment for that knob, I’m doing this from memory so bear with me: Noodle around with the knob while looking at the left rear tire, you’ll see the linkage that adjusts that knob, as I recall I had to move the nut just a 1/2 turn to get the deck to sit at “Top”

give it a try, if you can’t figure it out, PM me and I’ll take pics!

Cheers,
BN
Probably your suggestions will lead to solving the OPs problem. However, he said "it was working before" which seems to say it was not just a nut having turned on it's own. Even so maybe he can "adjust his way out of the issue" doing what you describe.

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #5  
My old BX1850 had the lift linkage on leftside that used to required minor adjustment to get deck to lift fully. Had the tractor 2 or three years and had to adjust at least once every year. I also removed and installed deck several times a year. I do not recall the adjustment procedure though.

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #6  
What JWR said about hydraulic 3 pt lift all the way up so the knob will turn. And I agree that the "Cam" that is involved is kinda funky..on my BX2660(sold) and now my B2620.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position....
What JWR said about hydraulic 3 pt lift all the way up so the knob will turn. And I agree that the "Cam" that is involved is kinda funky..on my BX2660(sold) and now my B2620.

Cheers,
Mike

Yep, lift was all the way up. Also lowered and raised a couple times to see if there was a sweet spot. After I mow next time I’ll yank deck off and see if I have that adjustment nut. Seems odd that it worked before and now it doesn’t- only 62 hrs on it….

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #8  
Bob!!!

no need to remove the deck!!!

let me see if I can grab a pic of the nut that you need to adjust! You can do it all from kneeling behind the tractor!

sit back, relax, TBN got you!!

BN

/ Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position.... #9  
Bob,
here ya go!
loosen the locknut, then turn that bolt one way or the other and you’ll be goood!!

Attachments

• 42AAF1D2-414A-48FB-9A5E-034867136167.jpeg
    42AAF1D2-414A-48FB-9A5E-034867136167.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 89
   / Can't put MMM adjustment knob into 'Top" position....
Bob,
here ya go!
loosen the locknut, then turn that bolt one way or the other and you’ll be goood!!
I was wondering if you were talking about that one, as that's the only one thats accessible on that side. I'll let ya know if it works....