Can't believe Sams Club did me this.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #21  
Why I put never seize on the mounting flange or on the mount side of the rim. Makes removal easier, especially with alloy wheels. The tire shop I deal with does the same. If it's 'stuck' to the mounting flange, you use a drilling hammer on the tire, not the rim to jar it loose anyway.
good tip ... I usually take a sledge hammer and hit the tire and the vibration dose the trick ... one time it was so seize I had to loose the nuts and I went for a drive around the block, that also did the trick...

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #22  
This is really unfortunate not the way to do business, good thing you are untrusting and got that note on your receipts... even them willing to pay half is them admitting they did it ... If he wasn't at fault he would've never made that offer.... It is easy to say now but you should've talk to the store manager at that time... hopefully they take the whole bill and you shouldn't settle for less.

Last edited:
   / Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #23  
Small claims court, once they are are served they will pay up.

That receipt is worth 4 aces in front of the judge.
Or they respond with a motion to remove the case to federal court in Arkansas.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #24  
Had an issue with Walmart when 20" aluminum rims first came out. Went in to get new tires, they had them in stock. Watched them take the tires and rims off the car and put one on the tire machine. Tried to use a red rag to protect it. After 30 minutes and lots of head scratching, they figured out they couldn't dismount the tire. Put them back on the vehicle and came in to refund me my money. I looked at the rims before I even got in the vehicle and the one was chewed all to hell. Immediately went in and asked for the store manager. He looked at it, talked to his troops, told me to go get it replaced and bring him the receipt. I did so and he paid me cash on the spot.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #25  
I use REAL snow tires (Blizzaks) bought from Costco. Have an extra set of wheels, so easy to swap back to Summer tires at end of winter. When I went to change a few years ago, 2 studs broke of trying to dismount because they were mis-threaded and essentially welded into the hub. Car dealer changed/fixed and told me how it likely happened: When putting the wheels back on after tire mounting, the Costco mechanic likely put the studs into the air gun and drove them in without hand threading them first. Saves them 1 whole minute of break time for remounting 4 wheels.

Costco paid for the parts & labor, but after watching them work on other cars since, I will NEVER have anybody remove wheels from my cars, and take just bare wheels in for tire replacements. I see people trying to change flat tires on the road with 5 broken studs because they could not remove them without breaking them off. (Besides, the spare was flat anyways because it's been hidden in the car for 10 years and never checked).

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #26  
I use REAL snow tires (Blizzaks)
I do as well. Actually run them year around, they wear quite well and I get them from either Tire Buyer or Tire Rack and mount them myself or have my tire place mount them. Good tires and like I said, run the year around. Average 50-60K wear on them.

Got news for you, Costo blows as well. They all blow but WW is the worst.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #27  
This thread reinforces why I like cheaper plain old steel rims on my truck LoL.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #28  
This thread reinforces why I like cheaper plain old steel rims on my truck LoL.
I bought fuel rims for my truck and used the original aluminum rims for the winter, that was a mistake, the rims are so light the tractions is very poor and they leak from the rims... not sure if they have micros fractures or if they leak on the rim bead but its not the tires. I loose 10 PSI over two week period and they will stop leaking at 10/15 psi of pressure.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #29  
the rims are so light the tractions is very poor and they leak from the rims..
Traction has nothing to do with rim weight at all and heavy rims and tires contribute to unsprung weight and decrease the life of your shocks and suspension parts as well. If you had your tires mounted at a real tires shop chances are they would apply sealant to the rims prior to mounting the tires on alloy rims. The tire outfit I deal with does that SOP with ALL alloy rims. Both my wife's Burb and my Focus have alloy rims and so does my F350 pickup and none of them leak because they are all sealed.

All alloy rims will eventually leak. Not because they are cracked but because the sealing area on the rim oxidizes and cause the tires not to seat properly. The outfit I deal with not only seals the seat area but they wire brush the oxidation off prior to applying the sealant.

You always get what you pay for and with the box store tire departments, you don't get much.

I'm sure none of the box store tire departments even know what sealing alloy rims is about. Lucky if they can actually mount and balance tires correctly.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #30  
Traction has nothing to do with rim weight at all and heavy rims and tires contribute to unsprung weight and decrease the life of your shocks and suspension parts as well. If you had your tires mounted at a real tires shop chances are they would apply sealant to the rims prior to mounting the tires on alloy rims. The tire outfit I deal with does that SOP with ALL alloy rims. Both my wife's Burb and my Focus have alloy rims and so does my F350 pickup and none of them leak because they are all sealed.

All alloy rims will eventually leak. Not because they are cracked but because the sealing area on the rim oxidizes and cause the tires not to seat properly. The outfit I deal with not only seals the seat area but they wire brush the oxidation off prior to applying the sealant.

You always get what you pay for and with the box store tire departments, you don't get much.

I'm sure none of the box store tire departments even know what sealing alloy rims is about. Lucky if they can actually mount and balance tires correctly.

Good to know about the sealant.

lol how can you say weight doesn't have a impact on traction ?? it is not the only way but definitely a factor, more weight = more traction... I am not talking about acceleration I am talking pressure by square inch.