Can't believe Sams Club did me this.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
Tires were getting old on my Genesis GT Coupe so I decided to get some new ones. I shopped all around and the cheapest prices I could find for the tires and having them installed was at Sams. I had to special order them because they didn't have the ones I wanted in stock. They phoned me a few days later when they got them in and I drove over there to have them installed. I had an appointment and they started on the tires as soon as I got there. I went inside to wait and it took them 2 hours which I found exceedingly long before they called me and said they were ready.

I paid the $900 for the tires and got my key, got in and drove off. It didn't feel right at first and as soon as I got up to 30 mph the steering wheel shook back and forth violently and I slowed down and drove back to Sams. I told them it felt like my rim was bent on front. They jacked it up, turned the tire and it was easy to see the wheel wobbling back and forth. After 5 minutes of "discussion" they admitted that they had probably bent my factory aluminum wheel during the tire change. The mechanic told me to go to the dealer and buy a new rim and they would put it on for me and reimburse me for the rim. Untrusting as I am, I asked him to write that on my receipt which he did. I ordered the rim and went back to Sams a couple days later when it came in. After they installed it and I gave them the receipt for over $600 for the rim, the store manager came out and said that it was impossible for their machine to bend my aluminum rim and they aren't paying for it. After several more minutes of "discussion" they offered to pay me half for the rim if I paid the other half. They said they would turn the matter over to their insurance company but they were sure the company would phone me to deny payment. I went home and have been waiting for the phone call before I know if I have to file with small claims court to get relief. I will let you know the outcome as soon as I hear anything.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #3  
Sam’s failed to torque all the lug nuts. Nearly had a bad result

They blamed me for not checking torque after 50 miles

Will not use them for tires again.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #4  
1 800 Walmart and raise holy hell

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #7  
They have a garagekeepers insurance policy to cover mistakes like this. Typical deductible is $1000 per incident. My guess is your wheel was sized to the hub and somebody gorillaed it off with a 10 lb sledgehammer. If the wheel wasn't bent prior to repair they owe you a new wheel. Ask them who handles their garage policy so you can submit a claim directly. I'm guessing suddenly your $900 will appear. They won't want a claim history on their policy.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #8  
I know I might be able to get tires cheaper. However - I'm also likely to have the same experience as tallyho8. I buy all my tires locally at Les Schwab. Good tires - great service - fair price.

You buy the cheapest - you will, very likely, get the cheapest.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #9  
I have had issues with tire shops scratching aluminum wheels.
I buy my tires on line, have them shipped to me.
I Bought a tire machine / balancer, and have mounted and balanced my own for yrs.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #10  
I went home and have been waiting for the phone call before I know if I have to file with small claims court to get relief. I will let you know the outcome as soon as I hear anything.
Good luck but I would recommend sending them a timed demand letter immediately. Follow up at the end of the time demand with a small claims court suit for treble damages under your states deceptive trade practice act. If they don’t respond and you Sue and they don’t respond then take a default and have the Constable execute the judgement. In Texas if the judgement is against a business the Constable can take the money right out of their cash register.