Can you live without a TV ?

/ Can you live without a TV ? #71  
Well, That' something. I could live without a T.V for like 8-10 months, i think. I really love to watch movies and shows on T.V.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #72  
In the last 9 months maybe 2 hours of TV… mostly to make sure the old Zenith console with rabbit ears still works.

The shock is just how little content compared to advertisements.

I believe daily viewers become numb to advertising…

/ Can you live without a TV ? #73  
I eliminated TV’s from my home in 2010, it’s now been 13 years without a television set in my house. Guess what, life is pretty good without that appliance around. I just find other things to do. And now days it’s mostly all crap anyway. I glance at local news and weather online. Plus it has saved me a ton of money and I absolutely refuse to pay for tv service. What am I missing but politicians lying to me, the media lying to me, etc.
Right you can just let the internet lie to you lol! If you are on a computer on the internet I really see no difference. You choose what websites to visit, but you are force fed information such as ads, etc. No different than a TV. iPhones, iPads, TV, internet….lets be honest all the same.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #74  
We didn't have a TV for years after they switched to digital broadcast. Now that we can get TV via the internet, we have one again mostly watching entertainment. No news/politics. The most often used button on the remote is the mute as soon as any ads appear.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #75  
I think I can live without TV. I have become very comfortable with radio. Radio hosts are much more talented. They have to be. TV hosts, for the most part, just have to be attractive and usually less talented. Now there’s so much live streaming on cell phones (don’t know if that counts as TV)

I like baseball and football on the radio, too. Allows the imagination to be more active. TV good for just a few things for me.

We have 50+” TV’s in 3 rooms in our house and they are rarely used.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #76  
In the last 9 months maybe 2 hours of TV… mostly to make sure the old Zenith console with rabbit ears still works.

Commercials are a good time to get a snack!

With that said, I can't see my feet! :ROFLMAO:

/ Can you live without a TV ? #77  
Nothing better than listening to college football on the radio while raking leaves on a nice crisp fall day! (y)

/ Can you live without a TV ? #78  
I do not like coffee. I like the smell of the beans, and ground beans, but don't like the taste or smell of brewed coffee. It was never consumed in our house growing up.

A few months after my mom passed away, I went to visit my dad and he was sitting at the breakfast bar drinking coffee and feeding toast to the fat dog. I said you don't drink coffee. He said yes I do. Your mom didn't like it, so I drank coffee at work every morning, but never at home. 24 years living with the guy and I never knew he liked coffee. I guess he liked my mom better. 🙃

LOL, I don't know why but that cracks me up!

/ Can you live without a TV ? #79  
LOL, I don't know why but that cracks me up!
Yeah! Her name was Pookie and she was mostly border collie. Had a perfect half white half black face, with a black Egyptian eye like mascara on the white side. Beautiful dog. Dumb as a box of rocks, but lovable. :ROFLMAO:

She was 90 pounds! Supposed to be 45#. My wife and I took her to live with us when my old dog that was also living with my dad passed away because my dad wanted to travel.

She had a bad leg joint. The vet recommended a weight loss program, we followed it, and she lost 45# in about 6 months. When we got her she could not walk up the three steps into the house. After the weight loss, she stopped limping and ran around with our cairn terrier and cat.

Lived another 3 years to the ripe old age of 14 and had a pretty good life.... but no more toast! :p

/ Can you live without a TV ? #80  

I probably watch some TV daily, most of it M*A*S*H or matlock but no commercials, we dvr everything we watch