Can you add shims to a BX25D Hydraulic System with the BH On?

/ Can you add shims to a BX25D Hydraulic System with the BH On? #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
.???? Thanks

/ Can you add shims to a BX25D Hydraulic System with the BH On? #2  
Sure, just make to to use a gauge to check the pressure before and after.

/ Can you add shims to a BX25D Hydraulic System with the BH On?
I don't see it's possible with the BH on, I can't see the bottom bolt with the BH on. I'll drop it.

Last edited:
   / Can you add shims to a BX25D Hydraulic System with the BH On? #4  
I did mine with the BH on. Invest in the WSM. It shows where the relief valve is and part #s for the shims. You have to remove the left rear tire to get at the valve. I'm set mine at 2000 PSI, what a difference.

I would be surprised if a dealer shop will do this work due to liability issues. My dealer shop foreman did advise me on the pressure he considered "probably" safe.

WSM: I know I am **** about this but; if you can afford to buy and maintain the tractor you can sure afford the WSM. That is why I always reference it and not provide detailed info or pictures out of it

Ron

/ Can you add shims to a BX25D Hydraulic System with the BH On? #5  
I bought the WSM and it has paid for itself in the few things I have monkeyed with. I struggle a bit with it but it is a super reference. I'm the kind of guy that reads the instructions last. :banghead:

/ Can you add shims to a BX25D Hydraulic System with the BH On? #6  
I bought the WSM and it has paid for itself in the few things I have monkeyed with. I struggle a bit with it but it is a super reference. I'm the kind of guy that reads the instructions last. :banghead:

Mark, I would not be without it. Yah, my WSM is my last resort also. It has bailed me out of a trip to the dealer several times. I shy away from $125/HR as much as I can. Still no major problems with my BX. I am willing to help the guy who has a WSM and needs help understanding it but am loathe to help the free loaders that are to cheap to buy one. What's $100 when you have bought a $20K or more tractor.

Ron

/ Can you add shims to a BX25D Hydraulic System with the BH On? #7  
I changed mine without removing the BH or taking the tire off. I just used a deep-well socket, a u-joint socket adapter and a long extension. By the time I got it together, the ratchet was where I could use it without hitting anything.

Watch a few you-tube videos on how to do it. It is very easy, but you do need to build/buy a tester before you make any changes.

/ Can you add shims to a BX25D Hydraulic System with the BH On? #8  
I did mine with the BH on. Invest in the WSM. It shows where the relief valve is and part #s for the shims. You have to remove the left rear tire to get at the valve. I'm set mine at 2000 PSI, what a difference.

I would be surprised if a dealer shop will do this work due to liability issues. My dealer shop foreman did advise me on the pressure he considered "probably" safe.

WSM: I know I am **** about this but; if you can afford to buy and maintain the tractor you can sure afford the WSM. That is why I always reference it and not provide detailed info or pictures out of it

Ron

Good for you. I agree, and have a special place for those who won’t buy even an operator’s manual when they buy a used tractor.

/ Can you add shims to a BX25D Hydraulic System with the BH On?
WSM: I know I am **** about this but; if you can afford to buy and maintain the tractor you can sure afford the WSM. That is why I always reference it and not provide detailed info or pictures out of it Ron

That'll teach 'em. Sure hope they don't learn they can go to Kubotabooks and view the WSM free. :rolleyes: