can the BX25D handle a post hole auger / post-pounder ?

/ can the BX25D handle a post hole auger / post-pounder ? #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
just wanting to get some information about the BX25D that I hadn't considered earlier (when I was looking at the B3030). we need optional pallet fork operation on the front, and post / fencing operation on the rear. I like/ prefer the BX25D features, size etc, but had more or less given it a plan B in favour of the B3030 (or the current B3350 model). the property is bush acreage, some slope, and with some tight spaces to maneuver. I don't want to underbuy or overbuy ... but the FEL lifting capacity may be a secondary factor now

wisdom and experience appreciated here. thanks.

/ can the BX25D handle a post hole auger / post-pounder ? #2  
I have a post hole digger for my BX24. Works great. Don't know if a pounder would work??

/ can the BX25D handle a post hole auger / post-pounder ?
probably right Deano, the pounder may require a weightier tractor. thanks for the reply

/ can the BX25D handle a post hole auger / post-pounder ? #4  
here are a few threads that i bookmarked a while back. PD8H's are priced right and should work with our SCUTs but so far i haven't found the right deal on a used one.

from what i gather, hydraulic capacity for these smaller pounder units is sufficient so long as the return is routed directly to the fluid fill rather than through the existing hoses.

Kencove Post Driver PD8H

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/181472-post-driver-pounder-small-compact.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/146545-hooking-up-post-driver-kubota.html

Last edited:
thanks HeLa, I'll check those links out

/ can the BX25D handle a post hole auger / post-pounder ? #6  
I don't think the hydro pump has the capacity and weight is definitely on the light side for a pounder

/ can the BX25D handle a post hole auger / post-pounder ? #8  
Not sure about the new BXs but the older ones have a "limited" 3 point hitch and had to use a posthole auger that was shorter then normal so that may swing you towards a B seies.

Also saw a custom fence guy that is around here and he made up his own custom post pounder and it would drive a 5-6" post fine but it was on a Grand Lxx30 machine and it still got bounced around some.

David Kb7uns

/ can the BX25D handle a post hole auger / post-pounder ? #9  
Not sure about the new BXs but the older ones have a "limited" 3 point hitch and had to use a posthole auger that was shorter then normal so that may swing you towards a B seies.

with SCUTs the options are surely limited, as you say, but with the growing popularity of SCUTs it is becoming easier and easier "the right tool for the job".

ETA Brand Post Hole Digger for compact tractors. Made in USA Free Shipping to your home within 1,000 Miles!!

thanks for that link HeLa, I know it's been a long time since I was on TBN (and things change) - no longer need the pallet fork attachment (wife's poorer health meant that she got out of beekeeping in 2014), so I think the BX25D has the most potential for my needs