Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability?

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability?
Since I've retired and my last Fluke met an untimely death from some rotating equipment my current meters one is a Klein
and the other is an Extech both are True RMS with frequency measurement and they both work well.
Both are made across the pond Lou. Did some research yesterday on all of the, I own a Fluke clamp meter but it won't do freq measurement sadly and it wasn't a cheap date back when I bought it years ago.

Need it for the genny. She's running a bit north of 60 cps. Like you I'm retired as well so money spent has become more important to me.

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #12  
Just to satisfy myself I have a Kill A Watt meter that I usually plug into a kitchen receptacle when I'm on the generator.

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability?
Just to satisfy myself I have a Kill A Watt meter that I usually plug into a kitchen receptacle when I'm on the generator.
Something I need to buy that I don't have Lou.

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #14  
Just remember, you are bringing The line voltage into the meter. Cheap is not better when we are talking about your life. Make sure whatever you choose, it is rated by a reputable certification organization for the voltage and energy that you are going to measure. For home use, Cat 3 600volt is good. I only use cat 4 meters for everything except automotive. Cam
can you please provide at least a couple examples of people getting electricuted? I even used the HF freebie's on a 220v line with no issue, and I can guarantee more people have those meters then flukes,and I'm not reading any stories of people getting fried.

can you please provide at least a couple examples of people getting electricuted? I even used the HF freebie's on a 220v line with no issue, and I can guarantee more people have those meters then flukes,and I'm not reading any stories of people getting fried.
The Ames is CAT III btw. Keep in mind that it only takes 4 milliamps across your heart to kill you. Coronary Thrombosis occurs and it's all over with. Don't know personally of anyone getting electrocuted but then I do know what it takes for you to become deceased....

That 'electric chair' stuff is bunko, waste of amperage. All the executioner needs to do is apply 5Ma across each arm and it's lights out.

Just ordered it direct from HF, saves me a trip (35 miles) to the nearest HF store plus I get 5% in HF bucks for using my HF credit card. 6 bucks to ship it and of course sales tax but I'd pay that at the store as well.

It comes with a case, themocouple and freq probes too.

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #16  
Already own a Fluke clamp meter and it to is CatIII. I prefer not dealing with Amazon if I can help it. Not fond of Bezos at all. Done deal anyway. On order.

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #18  
The Ames is CAT III btw. Keep in mind that it only takes 4 milliamps across your heart to kill you. Coronary Thrombosis occurs and it's all over with. Don't know personally of anyone getting electrocuted but then I do know what it takes for you to become deceased....

That 'electric chair' stuff is bunko, waste of amperage. All the executioner needs to do is apply 5Ma across each arm and it's lights out.

Just ordered it direct from HF, saves me a trip (35 miles) to the nearest HF store plus I get 5% in HF bucks for using my HF credit card. 6 bucks to ship it and of course sales tax but I'd pay that at the store as well.

It comes with a case, themocouple and freq probes too.
I must have died many times then :cool:
I used to work high voltage low current and have had 1-10KV at 5-100ma through me.
Still not fun though...

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #19  
it only takes 4 milliamps across your heart to kill you. [...] All the executioner needs to do is apply 5Ma across each arm and it's lights out.
If the executioner wanted to kill someone with only 5mA (weird goal, but whatever) he would need to stab probes into the condemned's chest and apply it directly to the heart. 5mA from arm to arm does not translate to 5mA across the heart.

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #20  
You haven't lived until having both hands on over 30kV (hv meter was pegged at 30kV), from both hands to my junk!
Shame we're not closer, I have Tektronics & B&K scopes and Leader frequency counter to check & adjust it. No need to buy.
I know a meter is on order but I'd recommend Fluke also.