Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability?

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
One that won't break the bank? I like the Fluke but it's almost 300 bucks. Find that to be a bit excessive and it don't come with the necessary measurement leads.

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #2  
Wish I could. I was lucky and my brother gave me a fluke 189. Blows my blue point out of the water.

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #4  
It all depends on how accurate you need it to be. Klein tools and Greenlee have some models that are less expensive than Fluke. Amazon has some inexpensive AstroAl models that are supposed to be fairly good.

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #5  
the astro ai are pretty accurate i use the 5000 series, and it holds right there with fluke. people need to stop acting like the normal home owner needs a fluke. i have like 15 meters, they are like within 3% of whatever the fluke reads

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #6  
Just remember, you are bringing The line voltage into the meter. Cheap is not better when we are talking about your life. Make sure whatever you choose, it is rated by a reputable certification organization for the voltage and energy that you are going to measure. For home use, Cat 3 600volt is good. I only use cat 4 meters for everything except automotive. Cam

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #7  
Frequency measurement. Is that for 60hz or what would that be used for?

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #8  
My work is voltage regulator installation and commissioning on large generators. I use meters like most people drive cars. I think I own 10 Fluke 187 or 189 meters. I've had all different models of Fluke but I like the 18x models the very best and they aren't made anymore. I buy mine off of Ebay or the like. They are a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Everything I own is Fluke except my phase rotation meters. I have a Fluke 751 calibrator and 299C O'scope. Most meters will do frequency measurement as a function of voltage.

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability? #9  
Since I've retired and my last Fluke met an untimely death from some rotating equipment my current meters one is a Klein
and the other is an Extech both are True RMS with frequency measurement and they both work well.

/ Can someone recommend a good true RMS multimeter that has frequency measuring capability?
I believe I'm gonna go with the Ames (HF) auto range meter. 99 bucks. I have a Fluke clamp meter already and it wasn't a cheap date.

What I found interesting is, other than Fluke (where they don't say where made) all the others are made across the pond.

I need it for my genny as it's running a bit over cps. Need to dial it down a tad.

Besides the HF gets me HF bucks on my HF credit card and I've had excellent results (so far) from the high end HF tools (Icon, Chief, Hercules) at about 1/2 the cost of the other brands.