Can lawnmower blades be sharpened with the bevel on the bottom?

/ Can lawnmower blades be sharpened with the bevel on the bottom?
I’ve sharpened the blades from the bottom without taking them off the deck two or three times now. The edge is shaped like a cold chisel, two steep angles (not hollow ground like a straight razor). I don’t think it matters a wit about the suction. I think what matters is having a sharp blade. I think it cuts beautifully and it’s much easier!

/ Can lawnmower blades be sharpened with the bevel on the bottom? #12  
I put some bottom bevel on my riding mower blades too, just so they don't dive into the dirt at first touch, as I mow trails and some mountain bike trails where they cross a field. I didn't find much difference really and as I touch dirt fairly often I don't bother sharpening to often either, so the mower doesn't do a perfect cut at higher speeds anyways.

/ Can lawnmower blades be sharpened with the bevel on the bottom? #13  
I bought a Bush Hog that had been sharpened like a knife. (two angles) I keep sharpening them on one side, hopefully to one day get them back to the way it should be!
David from jax

/ Can lawnmower blades be sharpened with the bevel on the bottom? #14  
I'm guessing that balancing the blade doesn't matter as well. That way of sharpening them to be like a razor blade isnt needed to cut a blade of grass. The 3000 rpms it spins is enough in its own. A properly sharpened blade with the correct angle should have a 1/32 flat edge. Yes there are specifications for the angels on mower blades. That flat edge decreases the nicks and dents by small sticks, nuts or rocks for example. A good job sharpening can last years. A blade should last the mowers lifetime.
Yes, it's not the space shuttle but it is a dangerous piece of equipment if not properly maintained.

/ Can lawnmower blades be sharpened with the bevel on the bottom? #15  
My blades end up with too many nicks and damage to sharpen. I just buy 2 sets of new blades every year.

/ Can lawnmower blades be sharpened with the bevel on the bottom? #16  
I'm guessing that balancing the blade doesn't matter as well. That way of sharpening them to be like a razor blade isnt needed to cut a blade of grass. The 3000 rpms it spins is enough in its own. A properly sharpened blade with the correct angle should have a 1/32 flat edge. Yes there are specifications for the angels on mower blades. That flat edge decreases the nicks and dents by small sticks, nuts or rocks for example. A good job sharpening can last years. A blade should last the mowers lifetime.
Yes, it's not the space shuttle but it is a dangerous piece of equipment if not properly maintained.
Maybe a homeowner boxstore junk mower that only lasts 400-500hrs. but for the average homeowner that is 10+ years.

But a commercial mower that lasts 3000-4000hrs and sees 400-500hrs per year.....you aint doing that on one set of blades. More like 8-10

/ Can lawnmower blades be sharpened with the bevel on the bottom? #17  
The sand blasting we give blades in Florida will either up the whole blade in a couple of years, sharpened or not!
David from jax

/ Can lawnmower blades be sharpened with the bevel on the bottom? #18  
I just buy 2 sets of new blades every year.
I usually get by with one set of blades per year for each riding mower I have. That is 3 riding mowers, and 4 walk behind mowers. I get two years out of the walk behind mowers. I have some very sandy soil in E. Texas and very rocky soil in Central Texas.

/ Can lawnmower blades be sharpened with the bevel on the bottom? #19  
I usually get by with one set of blades per year for each riding mower I have. That is 3 riding mowers, and 4 walk behind mowers. I get two years out of the walk behind mowers. I have some very sandy soil in E. Texas and very rocky soil in Central Texas.

I'm hitting small branches, tree roots that stick out of the ground, or gravel from the driveway that moved in the grass. If I was mowing a golf course I would probably stick with one spare.