Can I upgrade my hydraulic pump?

/ Can I upgrade my hydraulic pump? #11  
Would it be worth putting the pump back together and sticking a gauge somewhere in the system to see how much pressure its putting out?

Aaron Z

/ Can I upgrade my hydraulic pump?
19hp, and no need to pick on my b8200. It runs my 50 snow plow just fine.

I知 pretty sure that the technology just didn稚 exist yet for higher flow pumps. I hope.

Edit: the pump is on now, disassembled years ago and put together again when the splines sheared.

Edit2: I don’t know the first thing about hydro gauges.

/ Can I upgrade my hydraulic pump? #13  
19hp, and no need to pick on my b8200. It runs my 50 snow plow just fine.

I知 pretty sure that the technology just didn稚 exist yet for higher flow pumps. I hope.

Actually, that is not "picking on" your B8200. The pump size and system RV were correctly-sized for the size of engine. Kubota designers did a good job, as they usually do. I just sold a B8200 I picked up as a project. My neighbor also has one, and I have worked on it several times.

Old tractors, when they first started providing hyd pumps, often undersized the pumps, but not because bigger pumps were not available. They were. Maybe due to designer inexperience? I don't know. Others will opine.

/ Can I upgrade my hydraulic pump? #14  
Actually, that is not "picking on" your B8200. The pump size and system RV were correctly-sized for the size of engine. Kubota designers did a good job, as they usually do. I just sold a B8200 I picked up as a project. My neighbor also has one, and I have worked on it several times.

Old tractors, when they first started providing hyd pumps, often undersized the pumps, but not because bigger pumps were not available. They were. Maybe due to designer inexperience? I don't know. Others will opine.

Old tractors were also not designed to have loaders, hence the relative small pumps as it were pretty much for the 3 pt only.

/ Can I upgrade my hydraulic pump? #15  
Old tractors were also not designed to have loaders, hence the relative small pumps as it were pretty much for the 3 pt only.
Yep, when all you needed to do was lift the three-point or the single acting cylinder on a dump wagon, mower conditioner, etc you could get away with three GPM. Once you put a loader on the front all the sudden five to seven GPM is the smallest you want to use.

Aaron Z

/ Can I upgrade my hydraulic pump?
This is an industrial version of the oliver 77, it really doesn't resemble the farm version at all. The tractor doesn't have 3pt arms or a rear PTO, the pump is driven by a shaft out of the front.

raGMJAT.jpg

/ Can I upgrade my hydraulic pump? #17  

That makes sense.

The latest project tractor I have here is an early 90s Kubota B20TLB. The small implement hyd pump runs off the front of the engine, similar to the B8200.