Bypass Filtering for an M59?

/ Bypass Filtering for an M59? #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I've been thinking more and more about Kubota's Interm Tier 4 motors and the advantages of bypass filtering. Amsoil makes a kit that looks like it would fit the M59, but I wonder if anyone has used it? And what about doing the same to the hydraulic filter?
rScotty

/ Bypass Filtering for an M59? #2  
Bypass filters are the best, On any engine, Do not think you would gain much on the hydraulic system... There just are not any small suspended pieces, like carbon parts, in hydraulic oil... KennyV

/ Bypass Filtering for an M59?
Bypass filters are the best, On any engine, Do not think you would gain much on the hydraulic system... There just are not any small suspended pieces, like carbon parts, in hydraulic oil... KennyV

Good point about the hydraulics. For engines - particularly diesel engines where there are so many small suspended particles in the oil I think bypass is the best way to go too. But in spite of believing that I've never actually installed one on my own machines. Have you? Has anyone?
rScotty

/ Bypass Filtering for an M59? #4  
I have on gasoline engines decades ago, I had the old toilet paper bypass filter system... worked well.
Have gone to synthetic oil in everything and annual oil changes... I suppose this would be a better application of the bypass filtering system...
I think one of the reasons I quit doing it is there just is not as much room under the hood any more... With all bypass systems that I know you are actually moving the regular filter and adding another bypass filter, leaving youwith finding a place to mount both filters at a new protected location... KennyV