Mowing Bx23 mower links won't lower, help

/ Bx23 mower links won't lower, help #11  
Try starting your tractor, and at idle hold the lift control in the up position untill you hear the engine react, then try to turn your cutting height knob. I don"t know the exact reason why this works, but I found out one day by mistake when it happened to me. And it hasen"t happened again. Good luck

/ Bx23 mower links won't lower, help #12  
I have a bx1850... the same thing happened to me...Raise your 3 pt. all the way up// then just put pressure on the links, stand on one if you have to , while you are on the link , lower it. It should go down... they tend to freeze up or lock in place after the winter..Good luck,,,

/ Bx23 mower links won't lower, help #13  
I'm trying to attach my mmm on my 2350 and can't get the rear links to lower. ...

any ideas, help before I take my 12 gague to this **** thing.

I know this is a super old post, but in 2021, I am dealing with the exact same thing.

1+ year old BX23s...first time to try to attach the MMM. I have spent hours+ trying, researching, watching various videos, trying, etc.

I was optimist with Volfandt's post that it was perhaps a 1st time use issue. But, alas, nothing I try works. The arms will not budge. I did just put the 3 pt hitch on to see if there was some reason it needed to be there...no change.

Its like it needs to be dislodged from factory storage...I just don't know where to "help" it get dislodged. I have certainly PULLED on it with hand strength...and looked to see if I could pry it down with a crowbar...but didn't pry with any force at all. If something seized up, I don't know where to unseize it.

So, last ditch effort. Would there be any benefit to wrestling the mower up on to the arms (saw a post with a guy who uses 2x4s to leverage it up) and just hope with the weight of the mount it will drop?

Actually, 54" garden tracktor has a busted belt...waiting on a part. So, the grass is so long now, I might need to keep the mower at home position, unless that would cause operational issues. Anyway, just don't know what else to try. I am not near the dealer...and don't have 2 axel trailer anyway, but the sales person is graciously willing to come by this week as he passes through my area to go home. But, I don't know what else he could try.

Is there anything I could be missing from 1st use, to get these arms to drop?

Thanks a bundle for any suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_2275.JPG
    IMG_2275.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2276.JPG
    IMG_2276.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
   / Bx23 mower links won't lower, help #14  
I wouldn't try to mount the deck with the arms up. I am not sure it could be done, and even if you were able to, the frustration if that didn't work would be unbearable.

I would start by raising the three point as high as it will go. Then try turning the height adjustment. Get underneath and find the cam attached to the other end of the height adjustment knob. Make sure it is turning. You may need a helper, or make a mark to tell. Take note of the step that holds the mower in the top position. Make sure that is clear of the arms.

Once you are sure the height adjustment cam is working properly then just do a very thorough inspection of the arms to see where they are hung up.

Doug in SW IA

/ Bx23 mower links won't lower, help #15  
New to this forum....recently acquired a BX23S, worked great. I recently unattached the backhoe, attached the 3PTH, replaced the hydraulic fluid, engine oil, dropped and greased the belly mower and reattached the belly mover. Now the the belly mower will not drop but the 3PTH goes up and down without issue. I have confirmed the lift control is in the middle position. Any suggestions?

Resolved: Raised the TPH all the way up, then was able to turn the height adjustment knob and then was able to lower the mower deck....making the wife happy and able to mow.

Last edited: