Mowing Bx23 mower links won't lower, help

/ Bx23 mower links won't lower, help #1  

oledocward

Tractor
kubota 2350
I'm trying to attach my mmm on my 2350 and can't get the rear links to lower. I've done this a dozen times on my ole bx1500 but first time on this thing--cutting height dail is set to zero; **** links won't come down.

any ideas, help before I take my 12 gague to this **** thing.

/ Bx23 mower links won't lower, help #2  
Have you loosened the turn knob that is under the seat? That adjusts the drop speed of the 3 point hitch and the mower deck, and if it is screwed in tight, then the links won't drop.

/ Bx23 mower links won't lower, help
I've loosened the turn knob that controls down speed on the lift. Links still don't move. the rear lower link arms raise and lower with no problem. so does the fel. Should I remove the fel? didn't have to on my bx1500; and need the loader to raise the tractor to hook the universal joint. Makes no sense.

Dusty,

I've loosened the turn knob that controls drop speed--still won't lower.

/ Bx23 mower links won't lower, help #5  
Climb under there and look. There ain't much to 'em. Sometimes my BX23 links are stubborn, just from crud packed around.

See if there is anything intefering before applyin a 1# Mexican quick-wrench.

Russell in Texas

I've been under and looked; I hooked up the universal. I've looked, read, cussed, looked some more, pulled, researched, cussed, and done about all I know to do. As I said earlier, I've hook up a mmm several times before without any problems. I'm about ready to turn green with frustration!!

/ Bx23 mower links won't lower, help #7  
Calm down and walk to the back of the tractor where the 3-point is and press down the two levels. Gravity alone sometimes not enough to lower the links.

My dear friend,

I am calm; just aggrevated. I have stomped on the rear links. they are down to their lowest level. I think the Bx23 is a piece of crap. wish I'd kept my bx1500.

/ Bx23 mower links won't lower, help #9  
Try this. Raise the TPH all the way up (hold the lever until the hydraulic system loads up). Then reset the mower position knob to another setting (say 2"). Then lower the TPH and see if the mower will drop. Could be that the knob has came loose or gotten out of kilter with the stop and it is really in the top position, holding the deck up.

ron

/ Bx23 mower links won't lower, help #10  
My MMM lift links wouldn't drop the 1st time I tried to drop them to mount my MMM for the 1st time.
Ends up I just had to reach up and pull the right side link down a bit to get them to drop.
I had them locked up in the "top" position for the entire winter and to my knowledge my BX23 had never had a MMM mounted before so the links had probably never been dropped since it left the factory.
After that they've not given me a problem since.

So if the depth knob is not in the top position, you may have to manually help them down.

Also make sure the depth knob os turn the shaft and not just spinning on the rod.